Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I have a 6" rough country lift on my 07 DC and although I love it, there are still some parking garages I can fit into! :p I have been looking for the cheapest yet safest route to go. (Not planning on stacking blocks)

I was wondering if I could get away with using a 3" front spacer w/ a 3" diff drop for the front, and Coachbuilder's 3" shackles in the rear?

Please let me know if anyone has this setup, or if you have any other suggestions.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have been looking for the cheapest yet safest route to go. (Not planning on stacking blocks)......wondering if I could get away with using a 3" front spacer .....

.....w/ a 3" diff drop for the front, and Coachbuilder's 3" shackles in the rear?

Please let me know if anyone has this setup, or if you have any other suggestions.
Short answer- No, don't do it.

Longer version-
Bad idea, still don't do it. Aside from stacking blocks (RC 6" block + 3" leveling spacer) that would give you 9" in the front. The RC kit is already dropping the front differential as far as it can without cutting the crossmember. Jack your truck up and look at the cv shafts once your tires come off the ground- that is about where they would be all the time if you add the block.

If you definitely want more lift its time for a body lift. You only other option would be to start over with a different suspension kit- maybe a Bulletproof kit.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So cutting the crossmember and adding the blocks with the diff drop wouldn't work? I understand what your saying to an extent (don't have much knowledge on lifts). But in my head I would think adding the 3" blocks with the 3" diff drop would bring my CV shafts back to the angles they are currently at?

·
Registered
701 Posts
I didn't realize you we're taking about cutting the cross member. If you're going to cut the cross member it should work fine- as long as your control arms are at a good enough angle to be able to get an alignment. Worst case you'll need adjustable upper control arms to get an alignment.

You will also run into an issue mounting your differential after cutting the cross member. Your front differential mounts to the cross member. Typically after you cut it out the differential then mounts to your drop bracket. I would assume the rough country bracket doesn't have tabs to mount it on because its not intended to be used like that. With a little effort you should be able to do some fab work to it and make it work if you really want though.

All in all I still wouldn't say I recommend doing it though. It's just not the right lift to try to add on to.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts