Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I finally just tallied up my savings for all my mods and figured I would share with you guys. It PAYS to look for deals.

20" Rockstars w/35" Nitto Dune grapplers in great shape.....$1000 from a guy who just traded in his tundra.

AMP power steps (another cragslist find)..... $700 brand new in the box with the lighting kit.

AVHP4300DVD .....$299 from amazon:eek:

Bushwacker pocket flares... $370 with overnight shipping from amazon.

All my speakers, amps, wiring, camera and install kits I paid JUST over $1000 from amazon. My system retails for well over $3000 without installation!

OE Fogs? $120 from amazon:eek:.

....and a complete custom lexus starfire pearl paint job with color keyed bumbers, handles, mirrors, tailgate handle, pocket flares and lineX bed? $100 in lawyers fees;)

And I may be getting a S/C for stupid cheap in the next week or two.

If this supercharger deal ends up happening I can easily say that Ive saved close to $10,000 on mods for my truck:eek:

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Is that sc deal part of your recent paint vinyl debacle?? If so I recant my previous statement in your other thread.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that sc deal part of your recent paint vinyl debacle?? If so I recant my previous statement in your other thread.
Lmao! Yes, I dont know how cheap yet but theres already a thread on that which will be updated when I get the quote. Im probably getting the charger and fit kit for close to cost.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Lucky dawg!!! Been gettin the sc itch myself!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you don't mind me asking but when did you buy your HU? I've been looking everyday for about 2 months waiting for it to go on sale. The lowest I've seen it is 360ish shipped. I may be confused but I think I've seen another member here say they got the HU for the same price as you.

Oh and congrats on those savings!! If only I could convince my wife of all he savings I could have. Hahah.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Post some pics of the pocket flares !! I want some for mine so bad. Also, did they come painted ?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you don't mind me asking but when did you buy your HU? I've been looking everyday for about 2 months waiting for it to go on sale. The lowest I've seen it is 360ish shipped. I may be confused but I think I've seen another member here say they got the HU for the same price as you.

Oh and congrats on those savings!! If only I could convince my wife of all he savings I could have. Hahah.
I got it on amazon in November, I wasn't even considering a new hu yet but I could not pass that up.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Post some pics of the pocket flares !! I want some for mine so bad. Also, did they come painted ?
Afaik, you can't get them painted they only come in black unpainted plastic. Believe me if I had the truck back from paint I'd have some updated pics. I'm not sure how much the stealership is paying to have them painted either Lmao.

·
Registered
475 Posts
20" Rockstars w/35" Nitto Dune grapplers in great shape.....$1000

AMP power steps..... $700

AVHP4300DVD .....$299

Bushwacker pocket flares... $370

All my speakers, amps, wiring, camera and install kits.....$1000

OE Fogs.....$120

Getting bent over by the dealership.....PRICELESS :eek:
Beautiful truck man, hahaha I had to say it! :lol5:

·
Super Moderator
5,321 Posts
I got it on amazon in November, I wasn't even considering a new hu yet but I could not pass that up.
You can use camelcamelcamel.com to track prices on Amazon. You can even set up an alert for when an item falls below your target price.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Beautiful truck man, hahaha I had to say it! :lol5:
Lmao, when I was typing out that stuff it had crossed my mind to slip something in there like that. Good laugh thanks haha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts