Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, sorta....

A sad and happy day (month) as I said goodbye to the '12 and picked up a '19. There was a deal just too good to pass up on as the dealer had three of the exact same truck on the lot.

I did end up going with the 6112's at 2" and the equivalent 2.5 billies with 1.5" shackles in the rear to help hold up the cap and a gear box I've got in the bed. Love the way it rides now. I've got 1/2" of rake still- so as I hook up a trailer, we're riding level. I will probably look to do some airbags in the future - though not as a necessity.

I also replaced/threw on the front/rear sway bars - and yes, I do notice a difference in handling with the front for sure. Quite happy with that.

For the $32 or whatever it was - while I was ordering everything else- I grabbed and put on the air intake accelerator. I seem to think I feel a bit of a difference - ;)

DIY Rigid Fog lights- HUGE light output difference. Very happy with this.

Got rid of the entune and upgraded everything from the audio aspect- a must for me.

A little debadging completed, and I'll be picking up the fender flares from the paint shop today - OEM style.

Besides regular maintenance - I replaced a headlight harness for $13 and a door lock motor for $6 on my last truck over the 7 years... It was tough to decide to take on some payments once again, but all the same some upgrades and peace of mind with all the traveling I do and while I didn't have to put any money into it. Hopeful I'll be able to enjoy this same experience for the next 7 plus years!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Looks great.

What did you replace the OEM front sway with?
Did it make the 6112 ride any smoother?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great.

What did you replace the OEM front sway with?

Did it make the 6112 ride any smoother?

The TRD front sway. I drove the truck for 2 weeks or so- then the suspension- another week of driving- and then the sway bars.

Yes on the smoothness- I had them on prior to loading up all the weight, and was very happy with the ride both pre and definitely post.

It drives/feels more like a truck - but it’s also smoother and handles better. I know some say “harsh”- I just don’t see how... not for a truck and it’s way better than stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts