Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed Brighter Reverse lights, So I made me a quick bracket, Its got a 1/2" bead on each of the safety chain hook tabs( No Im not worried bout weaking them, Its welded low Amperage) but I got these two LED worklights, There 1700 Lumens each, I dont have them wired yet due to me wanting to order a Switch panel from Rijon, But here they are on the truck

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
nice I put some lights on mine and it makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I need to do something similar to this. Where did you get the lights and how much please and thank you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Nice! I just tapped mine into trailer reverse. No need for a switch, since I do need them every time I'm backing up at night. Got a 2nd set of leds gonna install back there, and put them on a switch. Their function will be FU/whenever I need 'em lights :D

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I mounted one of these [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AZPI0NE/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1372645355&sr=8-1&pi=SL75[/ame] to the left of my hitch snuged up agianst the bumper. I tapped into the reverse wire on the trailer plug (center wire). Decent quality light and boy is it bright. I can post a pic of the setup tommarow.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need to do something similar to this. Where did you get the lights and how much please and thank you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I bought these at a Local Truck parts store I deal with (heavy Trucks( They were $50 each, they light up about 100x300 with the 6 5Watt Leds, there about 3 times brighter than the ones on amazon, the round ones, I have some of them also

·
Registered
13,894 Posts
I thought about welding tabs to one of the hitch hooks I made and then attaching 2 lights to that and making a trailer plug so that I can just remove when towing...

Hmm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts