Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What bed cover should I get but to keep dry bed. Also would like something to be good quality and durable. I was wondering if some of you had bad experience with undercover flex for tundra double cab SR5 4WD?

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I don't own one so I can't answer your question directly.. but the Undercover Flex is the one I plan to buy. you can always find complaints online, more people post complaints than they do postives.
My local shop sells quite a few different models, and they recommend the UF..

The Svcustoms dude down in the Parts/accessories section can get you a better price than you posted btw... free shipping as wel..

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't own one so I can't answer your question directly.. but the Undercover Flex is the one I plan to buy. you can always find complaints online, more people post complaints than they do postives.

The Svcustoms dude down in the Parts/accessories section can get you a better price than you posted btw... free shipping as wel..
I got another quote delivered to the address for $719

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thank you for the info :)

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
If your primary concern is to keep the bed dry, go for the hinged type. I have BAKFlip F1 and I love it (it's built like a tank). But it does leak water. Its folding feature is very convenient and for me completely dry bed is not needed (I have two SwingCases).

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If your primary concern is to keep the bed dry, go for the hinged type. I have BAKFlip F1 and I love it (it's built like a tank). But it does leak water. Its folding feature is very convenient and for me completely dry bed is not needed (I have two SwingCases).
Thanks, I definitely would like to have a folding cover not the hard one. Great to hear few different experience with the covers.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I got undercover flex and I hope I didn't make mistake. I went to local store near me and looked one but sale person said other competitors are better something starting with B but I forgot full name and I know it's similar. He mentioned that undercover changing again something with the handle, I don't know what is story behind. Now what I need to choose is nerf bars but have no idea what is good what is bad, any help are welcome.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
All covers will leak a little water. Even my cap was not water proof. When I go on long trips like my recent one I place a pallet in the back for anything that is in a cardboard box just to keep it off the bed of the truck. This was my first experience with my new undercover cover. I didn't find any standing water in the bed during my 1100 mile each way trip during the heavy rain storms we went through.

Just remember that no cover is 100% waterproof. That was a disclaimer I saw on the website I purchased mine from.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All covers will leak a little water. Even my cap was not water proof. When I go on long trips like my recent one I place a pallet in the back for anything that is in a cardboard box just to keep it off the bed of the truck. This was my first experience with my new undercover cover. I didn't find any standing water in the bed during my 1100 mile each way trip during the heavy rain storms we went through.

Just remember that no cover is 100% waterproof. That was a disclaimer I saw on the website I purchased mine from.
Thanks for your input, I know I will have some moisture sooner than later

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Thanks for your input, I know I will have some moisture sooner than later
My new Undervover performed great on the 2200 miles round trip. Actually better than what I expected but with christmas gifts I used the pallet. As I stated the only water was when I opened the cover for overnight stays while raining.

I'm happy since I installed it a week before christmas in Alabama dry weather and travelled through down pours without water leakage. Mine is the hard plastic reinforced cover though.

Hopefully you will be as happy as me.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
I'm looking at the Diamondback 270 and the Undercover Elite. Both have pretty good reputations among my friends.

None of the people I've talked to had much luck with the soft / flexible covers. But then again, it rains quite a bit here in Seattle.

Regards,

Scott

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My new Undervover performed great on the 2200 miles round trip. Actually better than what I expected but with christmas gifts I used the pallet. As I stated the only water was when I opened the cover for overnight stays while raining.

I'm happy since I installed it a week before christmas in Alabama dry weather and travelled through down pours without water leakage. Mine is the hard plastic reinforced cover though.

Hopefully you will be as happy as me.
Thanks for the info, I hope I did good investment. Now only nerf step bars for Chicago winter ☺

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I think that I must have the "B" one that they mentioned. I have the Bakflip and am happy. I've put 20K miles on the truck since March and have the cover on about half the time. I've used it in snow storms and many rain storms. There is occasionally a bit of water, but nothing significant.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think that I must have the "B" one that they mentioned. I have the Bakflip and am happy. I've put 20K miles on the truck since March and have the cover on about half the time. I've used it in snow storms and many rain storms. There is occasionally a bit of water, but nothing significant.
That's correct they mention BAKFlip and they said it's better but have no much info or either one. Thank you

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought my first P/U in 1972. I've owned trucks with bare beds, canopies, soft tonneaus, Bak Flips, and Undercovers. I live on the very wet coast of Washington State, and my trucks sit out in the weather. My soft tonneaus leaked some. My Bak Flip didn't work at all for me. It leaked, rattled, didn't weather well over the years, and had a crappy latch system. I've had good luck with my current Undercover. It is the most leak free of any bed cover I've owned. It is a PITA when you have to remove it to carry an oversized load. Of course, I'm 70 years old now and that plays into it for me!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I bought my first P/U in 1972. I've owned trucks with bare beds, canopies, soft tonneaus, Bak Flips, and Undercovers. I live on the very wet coast of Washington State, and my trucks sit out in the weather. My soft tonneaus leaked some. My Bak Flip didn't work at all for me. It leaked, rattled, didn't weather well over the years, and had a crappy latch system. I've had good luck with my current Undercover. It is the most leak free of any bed cover I've owned. It is a PITA when you have to remove it to carry an oversized load. Of course, I'm 70 years old now and that plays into it for me!
Thanks for the update

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Shoot at 51 I have a hard time with the little rings so you are doing really good at 70

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts