Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How high should I got with the level kit? 2.5 or 3? who should I look to for the right one?

rims and tires. I need recommendations. I want a it to look slick but beefy! trick is white with chrome bumpers. typical stock look.

I dnt know much about parts and tires. so I am hoping I can get some help and great answers and ideas.

thanks!!

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Ok, let me try to help you. First off if you are just going for a " lifted look" then a 3/1 kit by LRO will work fine and not hurt the wallet. A spacer lift will give you no performance gain thou, if you want your lift to perform go coil over.
Now as far as rim tire opptions you need your offset to be around + 15 or so so you don't rub and you will want to remove your front mud flaps. Many people with a level kit still rub the body mount and that can easily be trimed
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

G

·
I.have the Rough Country kit. I used all shims. I then put 275/70/18 Good Year Duratrac tires. I gained 4.5 in the front and 2.5 in the rear using the block from kit. Some people go without the block and run their truck completely level. I have a toolbox in the bed of my truck and use the bed of my truck.so I opted to still have a little bit of rake. With most leveling kits you'll be able to run up to a 35, but will need to do some modifications with skid plate, inner fender, and mud flap removal. With my set up on stock steel wheels I had to "adjust" my skid plate to clear larger tires... I am very happy with how everything came out. Ride quality changed minimally but that is going from a p-metric tire to an E rated light truck tire. I chose the leveling kit vs lift kit because I don't off road as much as I'd like and didn't need to spend the money for an actual lift. If you are actually going to wheel and go.off road, spend the money on the lift. If you want a little more clearance and bigger tires with the "lifted look, and save some change go leveling kit

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys.. I definitely dnt want a lift. but just level the front so I dnt get that slant look. I did take it off road last week and used the 4X4. let me tell you.. the tundra handled like a champ.. so I can def. fit 35? but with modifications to certain things? Gotcha.. I will keep that In mind.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2010 CM silver on stock 18. Put a supreme suspension 3" level up from and a 2" block in the rear because without the rear block the 3" up front looks weird. I then put 305/65/18's on, which are about a 34", that required some trimming of the skid plate, easy, and removal of the front mud flap. The nice thing about the 305's compared to the 295's is the real-estate. As for rims i would probably go either 20" or 17" The 20's for look but the 17's seem to be an easier rim to find tires for without being a special order. It really depends on what you want. You can have height with more width, width and more height or you can go 305/70/18's and roll hard.

·
Registered
42 Posts
thanks guys.. I definitely dnt want a lift. but just level the front so I dnt get that slant look. I did take it off road last week and used the 4X4. let me tell you.. the tundra handled like a champ.. so I can def. fit 35? but with modifications to certain things? Gotcha.. I will keep that In mind.
You will rub. Search for inner fender tuck. Also might have tro do the VSC reset.

Reactions: Flotown03

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys.. a few questions. not familiar with tires and how they size them. I definitely want to go 18 and go hard. what is 305/70/18? I want the tires to stick out an inch no more than that. what size tire do I go with? does the block make the ride stiffer?

·
Registered
11 Posts
So the width of the tire would be 305 which means its 305 mm wide. The 70 is referring to 70mm in height & 18 is the rim size. A converted metric system value for this is 34.81" high & 8.41" wide. So it's almost a 35" tire but its pretty wide for rolling on stocks. All of these numbers are on a conversion chart if interested. The biggest issue with the leveling kit isn'f accommodating the height but the width. If you so not trim your skid plate or take off your front mud flap you will rub & trash your tires.

·
Registered
11 Posts
As for the block being ruff, haven't noticed. Was getting dime squeezing on Saturday & got some lithium grease to spray the drivers side leaf & no more squeak. If you wanna deal with a bitch of an install, go add a leaf. If you want your rear lift done in 20 minutes max go block. The only real difference is the add a leaf will help with your towing capabilities compared to the block which offers non. Not to mention the block is cheaper.

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
thanks guys.. a few questions. not familiar with tires and how they size them. I definitely want to go 18 and go hard. what is 305/70/18? I want the tires to stick out an inch no more than that. what size tire do I go with? does the block make the ride stiffer?
I'm running 325/60/18 on stock trd rims n I just hammered in a corner of my skid plate on a 3" level kit & my tires do stick out at all. What makes a tire stick out is more to do with the offset off a rim, so most stock rims will not push a tire out cause of the offset

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts