Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I totaled my tacoma last year and just got my tundra 12 months ago. It's a 2007 and i seem to be having one problem after another. My tacoma was perfect in every way, shape, and form.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Typical tundra probs

Oh like having to replace the rear light assemblies, because the cracks in the others ones wouldn't pass inspection. So i replaced them with these super hot new ones, then my electrical system was having a meltdown, which sent me into a meltdown. Unplugged battery, reset it, still same. So my plumber came over for a water issue (when it rains it pours) and I was whining about things never being easy, and why can't 5hit just work, blah blah. So we both got under the rear end, and turns out the plug wasn't in all the way. Doh! I felt smart. But actually there was a piece of plastic in the receptor that he had to pry out with a screwdriver, so I felt a little smarter. Then we reset the battery again, and VIOLA! My melt-o-meter is in the safe range again!! Now we are about to replace rear brake pads and fix parking brake - so let us all get together and do the "this better go smooth" dance. Thanks for asking ....I'll keep you posted on how many tools I break during this project.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Rear brakes should be a breeze. DO NOT (I repeat) DO NOT USE THE STOP JACK! I almost killed myself with that damn thing. I was doing my rear brake (pads) and one bolt was extremely tight. So me and my muscles managed to break the bolt loose and rock the truck off of the stock jack. Luckily for me I had a secondary jack under the truck and 2 jack stands + the tire that was off as a safety net lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha true! If a tool doesn't work right away, I will make damn sure it never works again! My plumber left to go get his floor jack so I don't have to use the tinker toy set under the back seat. Honestly, I wouldn't use it. It would be safer to get high centered on a boulder.

·
Premium Member
8,113 Posts
so your plumber is also your mechanic?

my gardener is my dentist also. does a great job. trims the hedges, gives me a root canal in my living room.
Hmmmm...Is it possible that "shelley23" is a 23 year old female? That would explain a LOT!

·
Registered
9,648 Posts

Welcome to the forum from The San Diego Bay Area.

·
15,623 Posts
So it was your dog groomer who said "Cut the grass short to make the tree look bigger"?
exactly

Hmmmm...Is it possible that "shelley23" is a 23 year old female? That would explain a LOT!
that explains the plumber being a mechanic?
:nerd:

lol,

i'm just messing with you @SHELLEY23
glad you were able to have someone look at and fix your issue(s)

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts
You will fit right in here. You bought a 10 year old truck and are bitching about having to do maintenance items on it. :) We get a lot of that here.

Oh like having to replace the rear light assemblies, because the cracks in the others ones wouldn't pass inspection. So i replaced them with these super hot new ones, then my electrical system was having a meltdown, which sent me into a meltdown. Unplugged battery, reset it, still same. So my plumber came over for a water issue (when it rains it pours) and I was whining about things never being easy, and why can't 5hit just work, blah blah. So we both got under the rear end, and turns out the plug wasn't in all the way. Doh! I felt smart. But actually there was a piece of plastic in the receptor that he had to pry out with a screwdriver, so I felt a little smarter. Then we reset the battery again, and VIOLA! My melt-o-meter is in the safe range again!! Now we are about to replace rear brake pads and fix parking brake - so let us all get together and do the "this better go smooth" dance. Thanks for asking ....I'll keep you posted on how many tools I break during this project.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts