Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Spooge Guzzler
6,318 Posts
If he skipped getting tires altogether and just sprayed a layer of plastidip on the outside of the wheels, he could go a little bigger with the wheels.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
...and i hate trying to keep black wheels clean. Not my cup o tea, but good job at what he was doing.

I do like the flat white look though. I'd love to give that a whirl...

Reactions: lars00n

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
aside from the green I think it look alright lol

·
Spooge Guzzler
6,318 Posts
You could probably put a custom screen door on a submarine and make it look clean and tasteful. :dunno:

I know, I know,....the polite thing to say is, to each his own and props to the owner for the work put into it, Yada Yada. But your tires are what connect your vehicle to the road and it's really important that they perform optimally. I'll never understand what would drive anyone to completely forego a component's desired function, for a "look". Especially something as important as tires.
That's a lot of money and effort, to reduce your truck's riding performance to that of an 1800s wagon. Not to mention, he has to baby the shit out of it, or trash his wheels. Kinda reminds me of the guys that have $30k worth of Harley sitting in the driveway and all they do is polish the 300lbs of chrome and stare at it. At least it looks good. :dunno:
Then again, I'm sure anyone that would do that to the wheels of a 6000lb pickup truck, isn't exactly a NASA engineer.....so, I digress. :)

·
Spooge Guzzler
6,318 Posts
...and i hate trying to keep black wheels clean. Not my cup o tea, but good job at what he was doing.

I do like the flat white look though. I'd love to give that a whirl...
I didn't mean plastidip the face of his wheels.
I meant, instead of using tires, he could use a thin layer of plastidip.
That way, he could have even bigger wheels.
I was being a smartass.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know I'm getting but I will never understand the "Hot Wheels on Acid" look...or ecstasy look or coke or whatever it takes to comprehend that.
Maybe it like the pants on the ground thang....lol

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
Lol...stereotypes

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
I didn't mean plastidip the face of his wheels.
I meant, instead of using tires, he could use a thin layer of plastidip.
That way, he could have even bigger wheels.
I was being a smartass.
Oh no no, wasn't aiming at ya at all. I should clarify, keeping a white wheel clean would put me in the loony bin. :D

Sorry bout that, I actually laughed at the plasti-dip comment. :lol5:

·
Trans-Immigrant
15,631 Posts
Ghetto fabulous!

there was a RCSB here in town that was all pimped out, custom orange paint job, custom interior crazy system and it was sitting on 30's...
it's all about flaunting the $$$$$ and getting some tail... you really think they pimped it out for practicality? no sir... it's all about getting that ass...

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
I love seeing modded trucks and cars. I can respect it but I don't always like them, Some people won't understand or like my truck either.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This guy spends so much time on what he doesn't need that he neglects what really wrong....like the fact that one of his drl's are out.....I guess he only has the "one DRL delete mod".....lol...that "ass" really digs that drl bling man!:lol5:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts