Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to pull the trigger this weekend on new tires. I have read a lot of reviews and looked at a lot of pics but I am torn. My choices are

1. Falken Rocky Mtn in 305/65/18 (First choice I think)
2. BFG AT in 305/65/18. I have had these and liked them.
3. Nitto TG in 295/70/18. Not sure if I want narrower than 305? Not sold on these yet.

I know everyone has their own views. I am leaning towards the Falken because of price and I have read good reviews. I just have not seen them on a truck in person. If anyone has pics to share please post to help me out.
Thanks

Reactions: Ogtoyfan

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man you cant make this harder lol!

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love the look of those but I dont need an MT.

·
Registered
386 Posts

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Trail Grappler is my first choice and probably my next set of tires.
I do like BFG the next.

If you do commute a lot and do not need aggressive tires, have you considered p-rated tires?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Ok. So I looked at the exact 3 choices you have listed. Size and everything. I went with the 295/70 terra grappler instead of the trail. I too don't need the MT but wishing I would have gone that route now. Buddy of mine went 295/70 in the trail and it looks amazing. The terra rides great and I'm getting great life so far. But man that trail is nice. Rides good and is rather quiet till you get to higher speeds (70mph +) and even then its hums nicely. Yes the falkens are cheap. But you are gonna have them for a while. Get what you think will make you the happiest. Forget the BFG. That's one way overpriced tire. Unless you just love dumping money. Good luck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Ok Ok now you guys got me thinking Trail Grappler! I know they are a mud tire but are they any good in the rain?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I haven't run a set personally (though hope to ASAP) but I'm a tire delivery guy. We sell the crap outta these things and I haven't seen any come back yet or heard complaints. Although nitto classifies it as an MT, the design was meant to give better on road performance from a true mud terrain. Think of it as their hybrid of the terra/mud grappler.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
125 Posts
on my 06 Tundra I had the Bridgestone Revo's,Toyo Open Country A/T,and the Nitto Terra Grappler....

my Favorite out of the three were the Terra Grappler..The Revo's were amazing in the snow but got very loud as they wore (plus the Toyo and Nitto both looked better)..The Toyo's I don't think I would buy again.Not that they were bad tires, I just preferred the Revo's or the Nitto's...

the Nitto's were still on my truck when I recently traded it in, so I can't comment on how long the will last? they seemed to have been wearing nicely though :)

·
Registered
542 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
I'm in the same boat but I just found the Falken Wild Peak A/T in the 305/65/18 size you were lookin at, (same as the rocky mountain) for $201 a piece. Hell of a price I say. That Nitto Trail Grappler is one badass lookin tire for sure though.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts