Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased these (on sale for $590 currently) today.

Plug and play, no splicing. DRL works without anything else as I have a Platinum (plat and 1794 drl is factory, possibly limited too).

Full led, other than the side marker and standard turn signal bulb. I think I can disable the standard turn signal bulb so only the led works I could always just remove it too. Ran out of time earlier to play around. The drl is switchback, so white as drl/running, but gradients outward when turn signal is on.

They look good, light output is better than my factory was, but not as good as my blinding led bulbs I swapped into my factory housings when the truck was a few years old. I am not sure how they compare to real YOTA led headlights, I would like to do a side by side, but I don't know anyone in the area with another Tundra (home of the big 3 haha).

I am happy with them, I also ordered a 30" lighbar and grille, so when I need more light I will have it.

Here's some pics, it wasn't a very dark area when I was adjusting, but that's the cutoff.

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They also have a chrome housing version cheaper, I bought the black. Fwiw.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I like those. Did you loose the leveling adjustment with the upgrade?

Reactions: Powertechn2

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like those. Did you loose the leveling adjustment with the upgrade?
Thanks!
No, leveling function was not lost, they have leveling motors installed already, and they still work. 100% plug and play. Came with two different harnesses that you use for different years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased these back in Jan for my 2015 Tundra Platinum, finally installed them yesterday. The DRL don’t work unless I have the headlights on. I think there was one wire harness that didn’t have a connection. I watched a video after installed and it said something about making a two-wire switch on the harness. But it was to make the turn signals work. I didn’t do it. Turn signals work fine.

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I purchased these back in Jan for my 2015 Tundra Platinum, finally installed them yesterday. The DRL don’t work unless I have the headlights on. I think there was one wire harness that didn’t have a connection. I watched a video after installed and it said something about making a two-wire switch on the harness. But it was to make the turn signals work. I didn’t do it. Turn signals work fine.
Are you sure you bought the V-Land version? Mine came with two different harnesses, one the drl didn't work properly, and was for a previous year truck (I have a 2017)... The other harness worked properly, and no where in the instructions was there anything about switching any wires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you sure you bought the V-Land version? Mine came with two different harnesses, one the drl didn't work properly, and was for a previous year truck (I have a 2017)... The other harness worked properly, and no where in the instructions was there anything about switching any wires.
Yes, they are VLand. Came with 2 different harnesses. I used the one for 2014-15. That had more connections. I may take it apart and reinstall this weekend. I’m not sure but I’m trying to remember if all the wires are used when connecting. I really didn’t have any instructions, just plug and play.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts