Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night my wife and I mounted a 24" tv and swivel mount in our camper similar to this one

After installing everything we realized that the mount does not have any way to lock it in place so that when I am driving down the road the TV inst flying all over the place.

Do y'all have any ideas on how to keep the Tv secure against the wall or locked in place?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ratchet straps?
How would I mount them to the wall?

My tv is where the tv in the picture is except it is on a swivel mount

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is there anyway of tightening the joints? so its not as loose...
I thought of that earlier and I am going to try that, but then again I don't want it to tough on the screws in the wall because they are not in very deep.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
That looks like a Forest River RV? Anyway, if the TV just swivels then shove a rubber door stop in the gap between the TV and the cabinet, problem solved.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are you ever going to move the TV position?
yes because if you are sitting on the couch you cant see the tv, but now I can turn it towards the couch.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That looks like a Forest River RV? Anyway, if the TV just swivels then shove a rubber door stop in the gap between the TV and the cabinet, problem solved.
I have a 28ft avenger made by primtime but mine does not have a cabinet built around it, it is just a bare wall that it is mounted to

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, little slow today, I re-read your post, sorry :confused:
no its all good, I didn't know if i was clear enough in my post. I Have a race this weekend and its a 400 mile round trip and I dont want to get there and have my tv yanked out of the wall and on the ground lol

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
I think if you get a long, durable strip of quality Velcro you could run it under the mounting bracket and then secure the bracket to the cabinet, then you could wrap the Velcro around the TV during transport.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think if you get a long, durable strip of quality Velcro you could run it under the mounting bracket and then secure the bracket to the cabinet, then you could wrap the Velcro around the TV during transport.
Thanks man thats a good idea, I was kind of thinking about that but you gave me the full mental picture. Thats probably what will try first. I think I have some good velcro at the house but its white, I'm sure black would look better.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Thanks man thats a good idea, I was kind of thinking about that but you gave me the full mental picture. Thats probably what will try first. I think I have some good velcro at the house but its white, I'm sure black would look better.
Eh, color is not too important since when you are actually in the camper you will have it hidden behind the TV anyway.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Eh, color is not too important since when you are actually in the camper you will have it hidden behind the TV anyway.
True that man, I'm going to try this when I get home.

Reactions: 2010
1 - 20 of 20 Posts