Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not very good at tires. Just looking for someone to tell me what to do!

Just got a 3/1 levelling kit on my 2013 Tundra. I want all terrain tires as I do a bit of off roading but still obviously drive a lot on pavement.

Stock wheels right now. Is this something I want to replace? I would prefer to do it at a later date, so perhaps a tire that could be put on a larger wheel later on..

I want as large tires as I can get. I will be removing the mud flaps soon to put on bushwhacker fender flares, so a tire that comes out of the wheel well a little bit is okay.

Suggestions anyone?? lol. Please simplify the answer for me!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Go to tire rack and discount tire. Play with those sizes and tell us which tire looks better to you. Well then be able to given input

At the end of the day, they're all about the same in most aspects.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I like the Nitto Grappler M/T. It looks like it might be a little excessive for me as it looks pretty "muddy." I like to off road but I am not out there every day..

Falken Rocky Mountain ATS is also a nice one. My favorite is probably those Nitto Grappler's. My only concern is it is too off road for me.

EDIT: Decided there's no such thing as "too much" tire. I like the Nitto Grappler M/T

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
The mud grappler? There are better tires for the money. Lots better.

The trail grappler is a good tire though. Priced right with a good balance between ride, traction and mileage

·
Registered
196 Posts
Goodyear Duratrac's!

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
I totally agree. Hard for me to make a decision online without sesing them mounted on my rim on my truck. Some things are scary to order without trying first. Shoes and tires are two such items (for me).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
19 Posts
where do you live , what kind of off roading do you do ? look at the Cooper AT3 and the Toyo AT2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts