Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my new CrewMax SR5 with many options including the upgraded JBL System with Steering Wheel Controls,Sub and Bluetooth.

I just found out from my local dealer in WV (Pittsburgh Region) that this region cannot order the JBL System in the SR5 Model.:mad:

Has anyone else had this problem? I was really looking forward this this sound system.

JD

· Registered
69 Posts
I ordered my new CrewMax SR5 with many options including the upgraded JBL System with Steering Wheel Controls,Sub and Bluetooth.

I just found out from my local dealer in WV (Pittsburgh Region) that this region cannot order the JBL System in the SR5 Model.:mad:

Has anyone else had this problem? I was really looking forward this this sound system.

JD
see if they can a navigation or if they can work a trade with another area.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I asked about trading with another dealer outside our region and they said they could not do this. I got a great deal with the new truck and my trade and I dont want to deal with driving 8-10 hours and getting screwed on my trade-in. They kind of have you by the balls at this point!:eek:

· Registered
69 Posts
I asked about trading with another dealer outside our region and they said they could not do this. I got a great deal with the new truck and my trade and I dont want to deal with driving 8-10 hours and getting screwed on my trade-in. They kind of have you by the balls at this point!:eek:

Very sorry to hear that. You can or will be able to get the steering wheels controls aftermarket and upgrade the stereo and the speakers also at the same time.

Best of luck with your new truck, but I do not think you will need it. Doesn't seem to be any real issue with anything on the trucks so far.

A few with piston slap at start up that are unhappy with that, but I am told that is normal at start up on a few of them.

My truck is nothing short of perfect so far.

· Registered
69 Posts

JD
Or you could upgrade to the limited and it is standard then.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback.

I know I could have gone the Limited route but I didnt really want to spend another 4-6K on the truck to get the limited version. I would liked to have ordered the SR5 with Leather but that was not available in my region, just like the JBL System.

I have reviewed dealership inventory across the country and just get irritated that some areas can order anything and other areas are severly limited in the options. I have seen SR5 Models with Leather and the JBL System. Boy this pisses me off.:mad: I dont want to drive my Ford Truck to another region and have to go through the whole buy cycle again involving the trade-in.

I am wondering who the hotshot Regional Manager is that makes these wonderful decisions? I wanted to spend another $2,000 on my truck but cant.

· Registered
69 Posts
Thanks for the feedback.

I know I could have gone the Limited route but I didnt really want to spend another 4-6K on the truck to get the limited version. I would liked to have ordered the SR5 with Leather but that was not available in my region, just like the JBL System.

I have reviewed dealership inventory across the country and just get irritated that some areas can order anything and other areas are severly limited in the options. I have seen SR5 Models with Leather and the JBL System. Boy this pisses me off.:mad: I dont want to drive my Ford Truck to another region and have to go through the whole buy cycle again involving the trade-in.

I am wondering who the hotshot Regional Manager is that makes these wonderful decisions? I wanted to spend another $2,000 on my truck but cant.
Leather on a sr5 is aftermarket leather. You can not get leather from the factor unless you get the limited.

As for the jbl, to me it sounds very good. Depends on what you expect from your trucks stereo, as to what you would think of it. Once again to me it sounds great.

· Registered
16 Posts
Hey Bikewv, I am in a similar situation. I am in the Mid-Atlantic region, zip code 22204. When I build the Tundra CrewMax online; it is Option E. I ordered my 07 TRD CrewMax SR5 from the factory on 3/26 with moonroof, TRD Off-Road, sonar, 4x4, 5.7L, and the upgraded JBL. The dealer called me and told me it would be in the week of May 14th without the JBL. If I wanted it, I would have to wait to place my order until the third week of May because it is viewed as custom. Below is also a response from Toyota when I raised the question to them:

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
We appreciate your interest in the Tundra, and apologize for the difficulty experienced in trying to find your vehicle of choice.

Option DZ-(AM/FM audio with 6 CD changer) a part of package E, is conflicting with the upgraded JBL you are requesting. The JBL unit is a factory installed option only. We apologize, packages can not be modified.

If the dealership is unable to locate the vehicle of choice, they may submit a preference request for your desired vehicle. This preference request does not guarantee you will receive the vehicle with the exact options requested, and may create an extended wait-time. A preference request can be taken at any time.

If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us. Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters under file #200704160180.

Toyota Customer Experience

Consequently, I will stick with the standard audio. I do not want to wait till August for my truck. I figure I will eventuallu upgrade to an aftermarket head unit, once they catch on with a nice dash kit. Let me know if you want/need any other information. I have reserached this to a point of obsession.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the message. I received the same type letter back from Toyota.

I went back to my dealer and said bottom line is I want the JBL System. They agreed on Saturday to order from a another partner dealer in Kentucky. This dealership is in another region. I will check this week and see how that order is being processed.

I will leave another message when I find out the details.

· Registered
16 Posts
selling my 6 disc JBL radio

I'm actually trying to sell my radio - it is the 6 disc upgraded JBL unit...not even sure what to let it go for!

Make me an offer I can't refuse :)

p.s. - I'm selling b/c I had an Eclipse Navigation / DVD head unit put in :cool:

· Registered
16 Posts
I have noticed in different areas of the conutry its one option or another. Some have the JBL and Off-Road, but no moon roof. Or Moon Roof and Off -Road, but no JBL. I have not seen a region where you can get all three. I don't understand.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm actually trying to sell my radio - it is the 6 disc upgraded JBL unit...not even sure what to let it go for!

Make me an offer I can't refuse :)

p.s. - I'm selling b/c I had an Eclipse Navigation / DVD head unit put in :cool:
Actually am really wanting the radio controls on the steering wheel and the blue-tooth feature. I know that I could get a much better head unit but without the steering wheel controls.

Thanks for the offer!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.