Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe not such a good idea. You really have to watch it, you'll be at 100 in a heartbeat. I keep trying to tell myself I'm not going to street race I'm not going to street race but on the way home from having dinner with the folks, a turbo Miata politely asked to be embarrassed by a 5K lb truck :D That has GOT to sting.

So far I'm getting about 1 mpg better gas mil...yeah who cares it's fun as hell.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
^^^ BDT is right.. I've killed a Raptor or 2 already.. It's GREAT :D

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Is that the actual state slogan? If so, AWESOME.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Awesome dude!

Reactions: RyteSyde and Wacked

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is that the actual state slogan? If so, AWESOME.
Officially it's "friendship" but that's lame so as tk mentioned, we use a lot of different ones. If you asked most Texans they would probably say it's "the lone star state."

Back on topic, I did find a raptor in my path today but she didn't want to play.

You other SC guys, how long before you started listening to the radio again instead of the SC?

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Officially it's "friendship" but that's lame so as tk mentioned, we use a lot of different ones. If you asked most Texans they would probably say it's "the lone star state."
Yeah that's cool you can pick for your vanity plates.

You other SC guys, how long before you started listening to the radio again instead of the SC?
I bet it never gets old. Heck 60,000km later I still grin like an idiot every time I hear the turbo spool on my truck so I'm guessing it's the same experience with your supercharged truck. :cool:

·
Spooge Guzzler
6,318 Posts
I think that if you install it yourself, you're on your own.
If you have a pro shop install it, Toyota will warranty it for 1 yr.
If you have a Toyota shop install it, they will warranty it for 5 yrs/60k as part of the drivetrain.
I think the average cost is around $6k.
But fact-check everything I just said.
If I had it done, I wouldn't want anyone to touch it other than experienced toyota techs.
Plus, it's covered.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Congrats on the mother of all mods. Awesome!

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
RR is close, but we don't expect much from him anyway.

Warranty is 12 months 12K miles or the balance of 5 years, 60K miles of the new car warranty only if installed by a Toy dealer.

Any other installer, even self install is 12mos/12K miles and limited to the value of the SC parts, labor not covered.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts