Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

I’ve seen 2 different approaches with installing spacers, any opinions on these?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  g0sammo 
#1 ·
Hi,

I got my 2.5” front spacer kit. It will be for a 2015 4wd Tundra. After searching this forum, and google I’ve come across 2 different approaches for installing the spacers.

The more common approach I’ve seen posted includes marking the lower control arm with a sharpie, loosening the front lower control arm bolts, removing lower ball joint bolts, loosen remove strut, etc.

The other approach I’ve come across seems a lot simpler. It mentions removing the upper ball joint nut, separating the ball joint from the spindle, loosen remove strut, etc. There was no mention of loosening the lower control arm bolts.

Has anyone tried the 2nd approach? Does it sound legit? Apologies if this is a silly question.

#2 ·
I've done it both ways.

#2 is easier for me but I still had to loosen the front lower control arms. But then again I put a 4" spacer in.

#3 ·
I replaced my coilovers with a Fox 2.0 and I also have done a Camburg coilover. I disconnect the sway bar from the LCA. I disconnected the UCA from the spindle. Stick the top of the coilover as far in as I can and step/pry the LCA till the bottom of the coilover goes in. I have done it both time alone and its not hard but it isnt easy. Matter of fact next weekend I will be doing it all over again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.