Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Hypertech intercepter for 5.7

21K views 68 replies 39 participants last post by  dirtydeeds 
#1 ·
Finnally tuning for our trucks. I see hypertech just released a module called the intercepter. Not that much horsepower but anything is better than nothing. The part number is 706001.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·

#4 ·
subbed

#7 ·
sub'd

#9 ·
so this is what I got back in response from Jim in hypertech about the S/C tuning

"The Interceptor will work with minor bolt on modificatons but not with the supercharger, no problem with exhaust or air intake systems. We do not offer tuning for the supercharger."

I think its not worth it at all! the unichip may the best of the worst choices out there! lol

#10 ·
A person with no experience with the Tundra's ECU will actually believe that it works. Believe it or not, the stock ECU is the best option after a standalone for this truck. For crying out loud, it can add up to ~45 HP/TQ with simple bolt-ons and can handle 2 more lbs of boost (if not even more) on a Supercharger.

Don't waste your time and money with this crap or the unichip. Unless your adding a huge amount of boost or changing the compression of the engine, then stick with the stock ECU or go full standalone. Just my 0.02...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#12 ·
I'm down to dyno it and record a/f ratios. Should we start a donation pot?

I can say this, my a/f ratio at idle, light cruise, and aggressive acceleration but not floored is pretty much 14.7/1, nearly perfect. Full throttle starts out at 11.6/1 normally and will go as lean as 12.1/1 which is only slightly rich being that 12.5/1 is considered perfect for a naturally aspirated performance motor.

I'd have to agree with BRX, there is no real need to tune the Toyota ecu, it knows what to do and will work around anything that you can possible do, and throw it in your face while its at it.

#13 ·
not to mention you can run a turbo setup at 4psi on the STOCK tune, id say a unichip type product is what it ends up being. I got $10 for the donation pot to prove its worth though

#17 ·
I'll toss a $20 in the pot. Let me know when we get close...

#18 ·
subbbbeddddedd

#23 ·
I talked to Bullydog on Thursday and the said they had a 13 on the dyno. I asked what are the numbers looking like and he told me around 25 to 30hp on 91 octane. He said it would be on the market in a month or two.

#27 ·
Anybody have a stock supercharger pulley they are willing to donate? Another guy on Tundrageeks (member name is Cater) is looking for the stock pulley to return his supercharged Tundra back to stock. Hypertech is willing to work with him on tuning his truck. Cater is a good guy and knows his stuff and I am sure will give us the scoop on how things work out or don't work out. It is worth a shot.

If anyone has one can you let Cater know? His thread is here:
Tundra Geeks Toyota Truck Forums

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.