subbed

·
Registered
156 Posts
sub'd

·
Registered
273 Posts
so this is what I got back in response from Jim in hypertech about the S/C tuning

"The Interceptor will work with minor bolt on modificatons but not with the supercharger, no problem with exhaust or air intake systems. We do not offer tuning for the supercharger."

I think its not worth it at all! the unichip may the best of the worst choices out there! lol

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
A person with no experience with the Tundra's ECU will actually believe that it works. Believe it or not, the stock ECU is the best option after a standalone for this truck. For crying out loud, it can add up to ~45 HP/TQ with simple bolt-ons and can handle 2 more lbs of boost (if not even more) on a Supercharger.

Don't waste your time and money with this crap or the unichip. Unless your adding a huge amount of boost or changing the compression of the engine, then stick with the stock ECU or go full standalone. Just my 0.02...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
I'm down to dyno it and record a/f ratios. Should we start a donation pot?

I can say this, my a/f ratio at idle, light cruise, and aggressive acceleration but not floored is pretty much 14.7/1, nearly perfect. Full throttle starts out at 11.6/1 normally and will go as lean as 12.1/1 which is only slightly rich being that 12.5/1 is considered perfect for a naturally aspirated performance motor.

I'd have to agree with BRX, there is no real need to tune the Toyota ecu, it knows what to do and will work around anything that you can possible do, and throw it in your face while its at it.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
not to mention you can run a turbo setup at 4psi on the STOCK tune, id say a unichip type product is what it ends up being. I got $10 for the donation pot to prove its worth though

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Usually on electronics. ....no

I tried that with the new jet chip which does the same thing. The sales guy swore up and down that he would take it back. I asked for it in writing and he just wouldn't do it.

Any testing I did would prove one way or another:)

·
Registered
594 Posts
I'll toss a $20 in the pot. Let me know when we get close...

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
subbbbeddddedd

1 - 20 of 69 Posts