Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking to buy a used Tundra CrewMax (2007 to newer) w/front bench seat and moonroof. I know they are hard to come by in that configuration, and it seems to be a regional thing. Any suggestions to help locate a truck are helpful.

Researching on cars.com using the "3-Passenger Moonroof" seems to yield the best results.

Though for some reason, at a rate of about 80%, when I look at the list returned and read the features section it will usually state "3-Passenger Front Bench Seat", however when you look at the pics or call dealer to confirm, it does not have the Front Bench Seat.

I'm on the east coast, but willing to go anywhere if the price it right.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found my way to a 2020 quicksand CrewMax with a front bench seat. New Tundra's with a front bench seat can't be configured with a sunroof, so I let that pass for now.

I'm looking for seat covers so I will start to search this site for good ideas. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow that took awhile to find the right truck... Welcome back from OH!
Yeah it did take a while, long story there. BTW like the sig you have of the guy holding the gauge from the hitting rock bottom. That was me all the way back on the drive from TX to PA, I was on cruise and drafting when I could and I hit 20mpg tank average, and I'm not sure if it was due to the drafting or the slightly higher octane I tried, but I going to keep an eye on it next trip. I do want to try some non-ethanol 87 octane "pure" gas and see if that keeps the ave up. Thanks Cliffy.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yeah it did take a while, long story there. BTW like the sig you have of the guy holding the gauge from the hitting rock bottom. That was me all the way back on the drive from TX to PA, I was on cruise and drafting when I could and I hit 20mpg tank average, and I'm not sure if it was due to the drafting or the slightly higher octane I tried, but I going to keep an eye on it next trip. I do want to try some non-ethanol 87 octane "pure" gas and see if that keeps the ave up. Thanks Cliffy.
Yea, I wasn't used to the Tundra ride or the length of double cab when so when I brought mine home I was pretty conservative. I averaged just under 19mpg. Since then I've gotten comfortable I'm at 15mpg or so now. Winter kills it too with a lot of warm up idling. I also went to 275's. I'm still happy with it. I know a guy with an eco boost and his best is in the 15mpg range. With a lot of if'y ford tech.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, I wasn't used to the Tundra ride or the length of double cab when so when I brought mine home I was pretty conservative. I averaged just under 19mpg. Since then I've gotten comfortable I'm at 15mpg or so now. Winter kills it too with a lot of warm up idling. I also went to 275's. I'm still happy with it. I know a guy with an eco boost and his best is in the 15mpg range. With a lot of if'y ford tech.
I took a look at your rig, really nice I like the grill and tires, and I like the shape of the double cab much better than the crewmax. A couple of months ago I drove a F150 for about 5 weeks and really thought it was nice, the Tundra (I think) is much smoother ride at highway speeds, but I thought the Auto On/Shut Off technology of the Ford is really cool and helps to conserve fuel. Would like to have seen it in a Tundra, but it may be a stretch to integrate into a 5.7 engine, and maybe it's not tried and true technology or there is longevity concerns with the moving parts. I also think the ecoboost is a bit "jumpy" as compared to the 5.7, though I think it has gotten much better than it was years ago.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I took a look at your rig, really nice I like the grill and tires, and I like the shape of the double cab much better than the crewmax. A couple of months ago I drove a F150 for about 5 weeks and really thought it was nice, the Tundra (I think) is much smoother ride at highway speeds, but I thought the Auto On/Shut Off technology of the Ford is really cool and helps to conserve fuel. Would like to have seen it in a Tundra, but it may be a stretch to integrate into a 5.7 engine, and maybe it's not tried and true technology or there is longevity concerns with the moving parts. I also think the ecoboost is a bit "jumpy" as compared to the 5.7, though I think it has gotten much better than it was years ago.
Yes, I am too old to try new things. I go with the Toyota vehicles because I've personally put hundreds of thousands of miles on them with very little trouble. Fuel savings don't mean beans if your spending two, three or more times in maintenance/repairs.. Not to mention a guy will probably make up the difference in fuel cost in resale value alone over lesser vehicles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts