Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked everywhere for a solid answer on how to turn off my daytime running lights and can't find a solution. The manual tells you how to turn them off, but not permanently! It just tells you that if you turn on your headlights, turn on the brights, or have the key in a certain position, the DRL's will turn off. I want to permanently turn them off though. How do I do that?

· Registered
2,611 Posts
Allright gotta tell ya I just stood there when the mech did it from the dealer.

It looked like it was in line right behind the head light. He was just as surprised as I was.

Look behind the headlight itself can't really help ya much more than that.

· Registered
7,042 Posts
I've looked everywhere for a solid answer on how to turn off my daytime running lights and can't find a solution. The manual tells you how to turn them off, but not permanently! It just tells you that if you turn on your headlights, turn on the brights, or have the key in a certain position, the DRL's will turn off. I want to permanently turn them off though. How do I do that?
Take the bulbs out. Hmm, bet know one thought of that one did they. :D

· Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

· Registered
1,483 Posts
you could always unplug the connector to the bulb. That way you can also put a sticker on your rear window saying "GUESS WHICH WAY IM TURNING".

· Registered
429 Posts
Why would you turn them off anyway? it's safer with them on!

· Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Why would you turn them off anyway? it's safer with them on!
When I go coyote hunting on some of our leases, I like to have all the lights off when riding around....

Sometimes I just don't want to be seen ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts