Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,357 Posts
Every vehicle made since 07 has them, federal mandate. It is a violation of the act for a repair facility to have a vehicle come in with working TPMS system and leave without it working.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok does the valve stems cap affect the sensor to go off? Reason is the BBS rims I bought look like it has the sensors on it but two are missing the valve stem caps.

Also if I take it to the dealer and have them add the sensors will it erase the old senors or will it just add them on so I will be having two sets of sensors in the computer so I can swap between the BBS and steelie without having to add them on every time I swap wheels?

· Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Only 5 codes can be stored for TPMS

· Premium Member
11,775 Posts
Ok does the valve stems cap affect the sensor to go off? Reason is the BBS rims I bought look like it has the sensors on it but two are missing the valve stem caps.

Also if I take it to the dealer and have them add the sensors will it erase the old senors or will it just add them on so I will be having two sets of sensors in the computer so I can swap between the BBS and steelie without having to add them on every time I swap wheels?
If you want to keep swapping wheels (with TPMS) then you should purchase the tech stream hacked software and cable so you can update the ECU each time you swap wheels.

· Premium Member
11,775 Posts
Are you sure? I just read that thread and ppl are still saying they have to take it to the dealer to add tpms?
To ADD tpms to your wheels, yes, you need to go to a dealer. If you have two sets of wheels/tires that each have their own set of tpms sensors and you just want to be able to swap sets whenever you want then that is where the techstream will help because you can tell the ECU which tpms sensors you are currently running.

· F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,701 Posts
Only 5 codes can be stored for TPMS
4 for the Tundra.

Are you sure? I just read that thread and ppl are still saying they have to take it to the dealer to add tpms?
I changed mine using the hacked techstream software. You need the codes off the new TPMS before you can enter them into the computer. That means you have to open the tire and read them off the TMPS. Write down the old codes when using the techstream software so that you will have them should you change back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.