Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won't go into the details of how this happened as my ego is still recovering...it's the first thing I've hit in thirty years, so the streak has ended...what is the best way to fix this and can I do it myself? I've watched some videos on using filler and then painting, so that is an option...if anyone has an idea of what something like this might cost, please share...thanks in advance...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
No. Forget YouTube videos on Bondo and painting.

You can not buy a quality spray gun, compressor, accessories to provide clean air, and 2K materials to paint at the professional level for what you would pay to have that little dent repaired. Even if you want to spend that extra money to "get into the hobby", then you'll have to learn to use expensive materials ($$$) at the professional level. If you can ever get that good, I suppose the required trials and errors will be on your Tundra.

Count the cost as educational tuition or penalty for temporary attention lapse. Don't feel bad, it happens...at my age, I need to double or triple check myself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I owned a body shop for many years, this isn’t a dent for beginners (you have a couple small creases and the bumper and cover looks like it got clipped too. Do yourself a favor and take it to a reputable shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts