Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Not sure exactly what you did there, I'm having fitting issues trying to find a good speaker for the rear of my 08 DC. Apparently it is super shallow so anything of quality is too deep. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
On my 2014 SR5 non-JBL DC;
I ripped the rear speaker out of the OEM bracket and screwed my Focals into it.
So far so good.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thanks @1lowlife. It’s strange because I see speakers that fit newer models such as yours but they don’t fit an 08. I’ll have to dive into it a little deeper, maybe when it says it doesn’t fit they’re talking thousandths off which can easily dealt with. FYI when I refer to “they” it’s Crutchfield’s site.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Thanks @1lowlife. It’s strange because I see speakers that fit newer models such as yours but they don’t fit an 08. I’ll have to dive into it a little deeper, maybe when it says it doesn’t fit they’re talking thousandths off which can easily dealt with. FYI when I refer to “they” it’s Crutchfield’s site.
Yes Crutchfield is notorious for, if ANY modification is needed, they flat out say it won't fit.
Sometimes just a cheap spacer adapter can get speakers to fit.

I made spacers for my front components out of 3/4 MDF.

I also trimmed the door panels like @Darkdingduck did.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yes Crutchfield is notorious for, if ANY modification is needed, they flat out say it won't fit.
Sometimes just a cheap spacer adapter can get speakers to fit.

I made spacers for my front components out of 3/4 MDF.

I also trimmed the door panels like @Darkdingduck did.

Good to know, I appreciate the feedback. I'm sure they're covering their ass but it's too bad they didn't have details as to how it doesn't fit. Add that to my list of wants that will never happen...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts