Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 16 CM, and I just installed LED lighting in the bed. I'm trying to run the wiring, and can't figure out how to get the wiring into the chase under the driver's side rear scuff plate. I've pulled both rubber plugs (the one at the rear of the cab near the running board, and the one between the front and rear doors under the running board), but I can't get the wiring to where I can reach it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
14,225 Posts
Why can't you get the wiring to where you can reach it?

Elaborate.

You can access the cab through a couple of under body plugs in several places.

When I ran my backup cam I accessed the rear most body plug. Had to pull the plastic door sill plates off (they just pull), also had to remove the lower plastic next to the front seat, and next to the rear seat, and then ran it in the valley.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ran a glow rod through the rearmost plug, and it hit something solid about 2' in. Upon removing the will plate, it's not in the wire chase. I'm not sure if it's going toward the exterior of the truck and I just need to change the angle, or if I'm coming up in a different "compartment" within the cab.

I'll try again in the morning with a thinner fish tape and see what happens.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was able to get the wiring into the sill plate (finally). Now I'm at a loss for which wires to tap into. According to everything I've read, I need the small brown wire for power, and the large white wire with the black stripe for ground. Hooked up to these with posi-taps, no joy. I'd like the bed lights to come on with the high mount cargo light. Any advice?

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
I was able to get the wiring into the sill plate (finally). Now I'm at a loss for which wires to tap into. According to everything I've read, I need the small brown wire for power, and the large white wire with the black stripe for ground. Hooked up to these with posi-taps, no joy. I'd like the bed lights to come on with the high mount cargo light. Any advice?
You can find what you need here.
I installed OEM LED bed lights in my Tundra.
You'll find that brown wire at the switch in the dash (they connect it at the junction block) and a ground right next to it.

http://toyotaparts.sparkstoyota.com/install/00016-34089inst.pdf

My bed lights come on with the cargo lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.