Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck just passed 175k miles this week. I've used only Mobil 1 (mostly the gold label guaranteed for 15k miles) and change the oil every 7,500 miles. Has anyone gotten oil analysis that show It is better to change more often once you exceeded 150k miles?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
My truck just passed 175k miles this week. I've used only Mobil 1 (mostly the gold label guaranteed for 15k miles) and change the oil every 7,500 miles. Has anyone gotten oil analysis that show It is better to change more often once you exceeded 150k miles?
Nice question, Ag! I am anxious and waiting to see what you get with that. :beerchug:

All in all, not a bad outing Saturday, eh? I fully expected it to be 52-3 by the end of it. Vegas pukes lost their azz on the spread. :lol:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yessir! I was on the first deck 50yd line. Team gave Bama a good run. Felt like coaches squandered a couple really good opportunities but they did way better than I expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,237 Posts
I got a UOA somewhere past 100K and 7500 miles on the oil. everything was good and they told me to change it every 10K. I was using the standard Mobil 1 and not the extended. Since I don't drive the truck that much anymore, I was under 10K for the year so I just went ahead and changed it after about 13 months.

I might run the oil to 15K but I would change filters at 10K and top it off.

That's just my personal preference and has no basis in fact or science.

If anyone reading this thread knows of a remote filter adapter set other than the Amsoil set up I would appreciate it. I would just run an adapter plate to a remote single or double filter setup. I have access to different micron filters and would do a coarse and a fine.

Reactions: OldGuy43

·
Registered
75 Posts
I’d say stick with the same Mobil 1 and 7500 mile intervals you’ve been following. Once my free changes are up, that’s the same interval (and the same oil) I plan on using. It’d be cool to send in a sample for an analysis from Blackstone at your next oil change to see the wear pattern. I’m sure it’ll come back that you’re safe to run the oil to 10,000 mile intervals and the wear pattern (materials present) are great.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have yet to get a Blackstone report (only 2, of 7k and one at almost 10k...both after a Summer of towing) stating I cannot go over 10k even in the worst of times. This was running M1 EP 0w-20 and 5w-30.

As of this year, at 160k miles and far more problems than an engine oil related failure to go wrong...I'm running Mobile 5w-30 Annual Protection. And Annual means annual.

I was changing the oil every 6 months and running 0w-20 for Fall/Winter and 5w-30 for Spring/Summer (lots of towing) and only changing the oil filter once a year regardless. The oil was never beyond a dark brown and Blackstone reports were good, so how could the filter be bad....there's no way. So that's the end of that.

As of this Fall, its one year for the oil and filter running M1's Annual oil and EP filter.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have yet to get a Blackstone report (only 2, of 7k and one at almost 10k...both after a Summer of towing) stating I cannot go over 10k even in the worst of times. This was running M1 EP 0w-20 and 5w-30.

As of this year, at 160k miles and far more problems than an engine oil related failure to go wrong...I'm running Mobile 5w-30 Annual Protection. And Annual means annual.

I was changing the oil every 6 months and running 0w-20 for Fall/Winter and 5w-30 for Spring/Summer (lots of towing) and only changing the oil filter once a year regardless. The oil was never beyond a dark brown and Blackstone reports were good, so how could the filter be bad....there's no way. So that's the end of that.

As of this Fall, its one year for the oil and filter running M1's Annual oil and EP filter.
Thats good to hear. I'll change my oil in a few weeks and will send a sample to Blackstone, then report back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.