Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Mine have never been done on my 2012 Tundra. The truck currently has 286,000 Km on it. There has been no noticeable power loss, difference in fuel economy or rough running at all. I’ll change them out and update this post after the replacement and post road test are done. I’m going to say the replacement interval is somewhat flexible with Iridium plugs

I just did the 60k oil change. According to the scheduled maintenance it states to change spark plugs every [EDIT] 30k for emissions warranty. I'm not worried about that.
I've yet to change the plugs on my Tundra.
I have a 100 mile roundtrip off-peak daily commute, so most of my miles are highway miles at low revs. I do haul and tow occasionally, and also put a few miles off road on the ranch, occasionally in 4WD low.

So, time to change them? If so, anyone recommend a good brand?

· "Missing a Few Liters"
4,435 Posts
I used iridium plugs at 100k miles. I could have gone longer without changing. They were in good condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,135 Posts
I plan on changing mine a tad before the 120k mark. 2018 TRD 5.7 .

Funny story : Guy at work has a high mileage Tundra with the smaller V8 . Around 280k miles . VERY little trouble in all that time.
He comes to me one day : " Hey my truck seems a bit off , a tiny bit down on power "
Im like " hey maybe its just getting worn out a little , i mean its been a long way "

Turns out , He had completely forgot to EVER change the sparkplugs . I found this amazing and hilarious at the same time.

· Registered
11 Posts
I'm at 116,000 miles. I'm still getting 20-21mpg. When that starts to drop then we can change the plugs. Or when I get to 150k miles. I did have to change out what Toyota calls the Drive Monitor. I call it the Info switch on the dashboard. The spring went out in it because I use it so much. At a price of $103 for the switch it better last sometime. Still on original brakes.
what year and engine do you have to be getting that mpg?

· Registered
2016 Limited CrewMax
2 Posts
I just did the 60k oil change. According to the scheduled maintenance it states to change spark plugs every [EDIT] 30k for emissions warranty. I'm not worried about that.
I've yet to change the plugs on my Tundra.
I have a 100 mile roundtrip off-peak daily commute, so most of my miles are highway miles at low revs. I do haul and tow occasionally, and also put a few miles off road on the ranch, occasionally in 4WD low.

So, time to change them? If so, anyone recommend a good brand?
I also just went over 100k, I'm changing plugs, coil rubbers, water pump, belt and tension arm being it's apart. I went to Napa and they suggested the NGK plugs as did some other tune-up threads.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts