Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ready to purchase the power wire for my system and wanted to know how much are people needing to mount the amps behind the rear seat of a double cab. I am palnning on 0 awg from the battery to the amp rack behind the rear seats. Every kit I find is 17' or so and am not sure that will be enough.

· Registered
46 Posts
the body of a crewmax is 19' long so I'm pretty sure 17' will be plenty to mount an amp in a DC.
also, if you don't mind me asking, why are you using 0 gauge wire?

Reactions: Mfour

· Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right now I will start with 3 amps a Zapco 1100.1 ,Zapco 360.4 and a Alpine MRP F300 and I am sure I will change or add to the system in the future so I do not want to do the wire job twice so 0 awg to the back wall to a distribution block then out to the amps. I am sure it is overkill but if I add another 1100.1 to another 13" JL sub and another 1100.4 for mids that will be way over 200 amps I just recieved the Zapco DSP Z8 which I can not wait to get hooked up to my laptop and start tweeking the system when it gets done. Thanks for the info!!!!

· Premium Member
2,270 Posts
I am ready to purchase the power wire for my system and wanted to know how much are people needing to mount the amps behind the rear seat of a double cab. I am palnning on 0 awg from the battery to the amp rack behind the rear seats. Every kit I find is 17' or so and am not sure that will be enough.
Holy crap, what are you running, a turbine? 0awg is way overkill.

Edit: I see now. Still.. wow. 0awg can handle what, like almost 200 amps??

· Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys I will post up for everyone as soon as I get everything and start the install. I will be honest I am not looking forward to the install as I have done this before and know how a PITA it can be when stuff does not go as planned.

· Registered
46 Posts
with 0 awg just be sure that your grounds are really good.
also, fish tape can be your best friend when installing amps

· Registered
46 Posts
anytime!

· Registered
945 Posts
The install is easy, I routed my 0awg down the driver side under the foot/floor panels with 17.5 feet. It was just long enough to dist block. Keep in mind i have a CM. It made life easier by removing my rear seats. Did not make life easy when I striped seat belt bolt.

· Registered
333 Posts
I did the same. 0 ga through the drivers side gromet and down the drivers side to the back wall. 17 feet is enough to reach almost all the way across the back wall. If you run 0 ga power you need to run 0 ga ground. I went through one of the gromets in the floor next to the back wall and grounded directly to the frame.

· F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,701 Posts
Remember to upgrade the ground at the battery to frame as well.

Holy crap, what are you running, a turbine? 0awg is way overkill.

Edit: I see now. Still.. wow. 0awg can handle what, like almost 200 amps??
1/0 AWG is good for about 250 Amps (@14v) at 20 feet with 8% voltage drop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.