Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I am VERY close to pulling the trigger here. I have 3 dealerships all matching each other on 2 identical trucks (one gray one black) in the Minneapolis, MN metro area at $700 below dealer invoice. I've not been in a rush, as I'm kinda stalling for the end of the month as I've read they might be a bit more motivated at month end. So I know I will get at least one of them lower than this. I'm just wondering how much lower I should reasonably expect on this truck?

2013 CM SR5 w/TRD, tow pkg & backup camera
MSRP $40670
Dealer invoice 38,022
$700 back of dealer invoice
$2750 rebate___________________
$34573 before TTL

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
738 Posts
I got my rock warrior crew max for almost $3,500 under invoice. I pitted dealer against dealer and it worked out well for me. I'm in sacramento CA

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got my rock warrior crew max for almost $3,500 under invoice. I pitted dealer against dealer and it worked out well for me. I'm in sacramento CA
Was that before of after any rebates? I'm at $3450 under invoice WITH the $2750 rebate or $700 under invoice BEFORE the rebate.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I did the $1,000 cash back with 0% interest. It was $2,500 under invoice before additional $1,000. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just wanted to follow up because I hate reading threads where the OP never follows up on the outcome. I'll never know how much farther I could have got them down...I ended up with a used 2012 CM Limited off the dealer lot instead. I'll post about that separately.

·
Registered
77 Posts
What site were you using for your invoice data?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No site, just the dealer themselves. I started with the Costco buying program, which basically gets the dealer to start you out at the Dealer Invoice price and part of that program is they HAVE to show you that document. So I know it was a legit number. The dealers seemed to be pretty concerned about following the rules of the program. In the future I'd just simply ask to see the Dealer Invoice document or if 2 dealers have a truck with the same/similar MSPR and they tell you the same dealer invoice price, well then that would work for me too. Then start negotiating from there.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
New 2013 5.7L 4x4 CM RW - $3700 under invoice

I just picked up my 2013 5.7L CM RW with the options I wanted for $3700 under invoice plus dealer is going to cover $500 deductible on my insurance policy for any accident for any of my vehicles for 2 years. I really don't know what "invoice" means. Obviously they would not take that big a hit on the truck. There must be dealer incentives when they purchase or sell a vehicle that the regular public does not know about.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you catch a dealer at the perfect moment and negotiate skillfully you might actually get it under his real cost. They get HUGE bonuses for hitting particular goals set by Toyota. I've heard of bonuses in the six figure range.

Reactions: KorHi
1 - 13 of 13 Posts