Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much of a "discount" on a 2017 limited knowing 2018 miles are right around the

Ok so I am in the hunt for a new tundra. A part of me wants to wait until the 2018's are available to order . But then the banker inside of me wants to try to get a steep discount on a 2017 limited. The first price they threw at me was 43 and some change, that was after dealer discounts etc. . How much realistically should I expect them to bend from there. Knowing they have changed the look quite a bit for the 2018's I realize the dealers are going to be hot and heavy to get rid of their 2017 inventory.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
I'd wait until they offer 0% financing and buy a 2017.
I got 0% on my last 2 Tundras.
Bought the 2005 in October of 2004.
Bought the 2014 in December of 2014.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I started looking in the fall of 2014, waited for the 2015s, 2016s and 2017s. When I heard that there would only be minimal changes to the 2018s I decided I had waited long enough and went and got a 2017 limited last weekend.

I got a 4x4, black/black, sunroof, steps, nav, park assist sensors, remote start and a couple other odds and ends. I ended up at $44k plus ttl. I don't think I got an amazing deal, but I think I did pretty good. Dealer invoice was $45k. While looking I saw a lot with the gray (graphite) interior, which I am not a fan of, it looks like these are gonna be the ones hanging around at the end. The black interior with the magnetic gray or black seem to still be moving, so dealers are less likely to go deep on the discounts (for now) -- in my area anyway. I did get a sense that they want to start making some room for the 2018s, so deals will get better but choices more limited.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'd wait til October to buy a 2017 and end of the month

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
If you really want a steep discount, you'll have to wait until a dealer has 17 and 18s on the lot and the selection will be very limited.

What do you mean "Knowing they have changed the look quite a bit for the 2018's" I thought it didn't really change.

And geeze, try reading the rules when you sign up (why is it people never read that)...You'll have to post an intro in the new member section before you can reply to topics.
@admin Can we get a flashing sign on the sign up page or something?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
End of September/Beginning of October you should be able to get around 15-20% off MSRP at any reputable dealer.
Where are you getting 8-9 grand off of a Tundra?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I had a dealer taking 8500 of from a dealer in the poconos. Back before I ordered my pro.
That's twice as much as you'll ever see around here, and even then, you'd have to fight pretty damn hard for it.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
The Special Edition tundras you can get that much off when the new models are hitting the lot. TSS, TRD, not SR5
We don't get the TSS models around here, and the regular TRD Off Road (Not Pro) is something like a $200 dollar option on an SR5...

Invoice is usually around $3,000 below msrp. Incentives range from zero to $1500 throughout the year. All I'm saying is that there's no way any New England guys are gonna be getting 8+ grand off. Might have to make a road trip when I'm ready to buy my next truck if the pricing situation is still the same. Good for you guys out there in the rest of the country, glad there are deals to be made somewhere.

Reactions: ACDan

·
Registered
326 Posts
I also have never seen 15-20% off msrp on a tundra, or any toyota truck. When I was shoping 1500-3000 depending on model was about it. Though the tundra was already 3-5k less than comparable trucks from other manufacturers (msrp vs msrp).

for the OP, IMHO I would just buy a 17 in a month or 2..

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Yea, you'll never get 15-20% off a Tundra.

Reactions: Homewrecker9

·
I'll make you cool!
584 Posts
I've never seen a new Tundra $8-9,000 off MSRP. Hell if that was the case I would have bought 3
I also have never seen 15-20% off msrp on a tundra, or any toyota truck. When I was shoping 1500-3000 depending on model was about it. Though the tundra was already 3-5k less than comparable trucks from other manufacturers (msrp vs msrp).

for the OP, IMHO I would just buy a 17 in a month or 2..
Yea, you'll never get 15-20% off a Tundra.
None of you were looking for a tundra when the 2014s were hitting the lots apparently.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I bought a tundra last October and dealers still had 2016s on the lot and we're just getting there 2017s. I put in offers On several 2016s at three different dealerships and they didn't want to come down. I ended up buying a used 2014. I continued to check the inventory of the 2016s I had put offers in on and some of them didn't sell until January. I live in PA an hour outside Philly.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
None of you were looking for a tundra when the 2014s were hitting the lots apparently.
Bought a 2014 is Sept of 2014 and paid 39 for sticker of 43. That was after an entire weekend of negotiating with 5+ dealers.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.