Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

What type of 5.7L Tundra do you have?

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
1-2 has never been a problem, its always been 2-3 which is what the unichip did as well, i have a theory from some information that i've gotten recently, but i do know that bullydog has a truck on the dyno to address the shifting.

If i were you i'd search around for a new ecu, trash the one you have, maybe light it on fire and shoot it in a box full of tannerite :D seriously do an ecu swap and i bet many of your alcohol % issues are gone. (the ffv ecu's are cheap on ebay btw & Jbroas can prob help you do an ecu handshake over the phone)
Ha. Yah, I would happily set fire to any part that is not working properly. At this point, I am willing to try any possible solution. That said, but for fueling issues, the ECU seems to control everything else correctly, so it seems unlikely that there is a hardware issue with the ECM and obviously the software has been changed multiple times. One of Toyota's FFV "fixes" was to swap the 3 speed fuel pump with an updated 2 speed pump. It seems like the issue might be the engine is not getting enough fuel to keep AFRs rich enough. Just like the how the Unichump was not able to properly compensate for the increased airflow, on my truck it seems that this this current tune/pressure switch/fuel pump switch is not able to increase fuel in a timely manner as needed.

Maybe this A013 tune will provide some promise. Defimitely report back if you see any good results.

As far as the shifts, the issue was always 1-2 for me.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
278 Posts
I got email response earlier from bd. Just waiting on them to respond back about tune a013.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Being that its proprietary to magnuson you prob won't get much out of them, however i do know they have a flex tundra in their possession to try and figure out what the issue is. I'm being impatiently patient :D

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Being that its proprietary to magnuson you prob won't get much out of them, however i do know they have a flex tundra in their possession to try and figure out what the issue is. I'm being impatiently patient :D
Yah, but then Magnuson will tell you to ask Sparks. It is like a game. A game that sucks balls.

The tuning possibilities via DAP and OVT are looking better and better. There may be light at the end of the tunnel for SC'd FFV Tundras.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
I wouldn't count on OVT any time in the next year or two, DAP can do it right now if you get to texas and have them throw it on the dyno, thats the only hang up with them. He won't do one until he has one in his possession. Magnuson & BD are making an effort

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I pick up my 2017 tomorrow night with the tune and Magnuson and BD were both involved with dealership setting it up. I will keep you posted. The original delivery was delayed by 1.5 weeks due to the new tune not being ready. WE SHALL SEE. The good news is they have done several SC's this year alone.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I pick up my 2017 tomorrow night with the tune and Magnuson and BD were both involved with dealership setting it up. I will keep you posted. The original delivery was delayed by 1.5 weeks due to the new tune not being ready. WE SHALL SEE. The good news is they have done several SC's this year alone.
How's the Mag SC and BD tuner working out? Any issues? I have one being delivered tomorrow and will be installed in the next day or two on my new 2017 Platinum FFV. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
How's the Mag SC and BD tuner working out? Any issues? I have one being delivered tomorrow and will be installed in the next day or two on my new 2017 Platinum FFV. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
they've been working to get the tune perfect, the latest update is pretty decent, still not perfect but more than safe. you'll love the supercharger on that thing, the FFV is a bit easier to install too, no fuel pump change & no fuel injector change, just add the boost pressure switch :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
they've been working to get the tune perfect, the latest update is pretty decent, still not perfect but more than safe. you'll love the supercharger on that thing, the FFV is a bit easier to install too, no fuel pump change & no fuel injector change, just add the boost pressure switch :)
Thanks for the input. I traded in my stock 2014 Limited Tundra for the 2017 Platinum and figured I wanted to go with another SC since prior to the 2014 I had a 2010 with a TRD SC and always regretted getting rid of it.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
FYI / Upate

The BD Tuner is pretty damn slick. My tune is working pretty good. I get some hard shifts sometimes but not sure if that is from the tuner, 37" tires, etc. (not enough for me to worry about). Truck runs great. 2017 FFV with Magnuson SC and Tuner. 3500 miles to date.

·
Registered
44 Posts
FYI / Upate

The BD Tuner is pretty damn slick. My tune is working pretty good. I get some hard shifts sometimes but not sure if that is from the tuner, 37" tires, etc. (not enough for me to worry about). Truck runs great. 2017 FFV with Magnuson SC and Tuner. 3500 miles to date.
Thanks for the reply. I had similar hard shifts with my 2010 Trd SC tundra. It had an 8" lift with 35's

121 - 134 of 134 Posts