Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

What type of 5.7L Tundra do you have?

101 - 120 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hey @Magnusunsuperchargers ... any update on the BullyDog tuner ? Specifically for 15 SC? I love the power I have now, but want more! Seeing how much carbon is on my tailpipes, there seems to be a ton that could be done to the tune, like what happened on prior model years! Help us 14-15 SC guys out already please!

·
Registered
150 Posts
So... pardon my confusion. Is there now a completed BD tune for the FFV SC Tundras? Wondering whether I should upgrade from the Unichip if the rest of you guys have done so.

Thanks!

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
278 Posts
So... pardon my confusion. Is there now a completed BD tune for the FFV SC Tundras? Wondering whether I should upgrade from the Unichip if the rest of you guys have done so.

Thanks!

Dam right you should. Night and day difference.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
150 Posts
Dam right you should. Night and day difference.

OK then. Thank you. I'll take the plunge. I've really not had issues with my Unichip, but if there is better power and performance to be had, I can't see why not.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts

Thanks!
the power is much smoother and the afr's are much better than compared to the unichip. There is still a trans stutter that desperately needs to be fixed. I've paid a lot of money for the BD flash and i'm only slightly better off than i was with the unichip.

·
Registered
150 Posts
the power is much smoother and the afr's are much better than compared to the unichip. There is still a trans stutter that desperately needs to be fixed. I've paid a lot of money for the BD flash and i'm only slightly better off than i was with the unichip.
Got the BullyDog from Micah at Sparks last week. Installed and running great. No stutter on mine. Previous throttle lag on Unichip is gone. Butt dyno says more boost being unleashed. AFRs unchanged.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Got the BullyDog from Micah at Sparks last week. Installed and running great. No stutter on mine. Previous throttle lag on Unichip is gone. Butt dyno says more boost being unleashed. AFRs unchanged.
I'll have to check the tune id number.. you'd be the only one that doesn't have a stutter. I know of 6 personally that have the stutter shift between 2-3. Enough that they have a truck on the dyno to address it.

·
Registered
278 Posts

Could you tell us your tune id?

·
Registered
278 Posts

Could you tell us your tune id? I have a part throttle hesitation that is annoying at times.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Are you still running the stock airbox or did you install the SC airbox when you installed the BD?

I'll have to check the tune id number.. you'd be the only one that doesn't have a stutter. I know of 6 personally that have the stutter shift between 2-3. Enough that they have a truck on the dyno to address it.
Oddly, the trans shift is the only thing that improved when I switched from Uniturd to BD. 1st to 2nd much smoother now and no noticable studder bwtween any other gears. Power is more or less the same and AFRs are almost as bad as the Unichump w/ SC arbox lid. Depending on throttle modulation and differing gear/load scenarios, AFRs can either be very good or fantastically atrocious. Jekyll/Hyde thing going on, I guess.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Are you still running the stock airbox or did you install the SC airbox when you installed the BD?
I have only used the TRD SC airbox since the install.
Jim

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Oddly, the trans shift is the only thing that improved when I switched from Uniturd to BD. 1st to 2nd much smoother now and no noticable studder bwtween any other gears. Power is more or less the same and AFRs are almost as bad as the Unichump w/ SC arbox lid. Depending on throttle modulation and differing gear/load scenarios, AFRs can either be very good or fantastically atrocious. Jekyll/Hyde thing going on, I guess.
1-2 has never been a problem, its always been 2-3 which is what the unichip did as well, i have a theory from some information that i've gotten recently, but i do know that bullydog has a truck on the dyno to address the shifting.

If i were you i'd search around for a new ecu, trash the one you have, maybe light it on fire and shoot it in a box full of tannerite :D seriously do an ecu swap and i bet many of your alcohol % issues are gone. (the ffv ecu's are cheap on ebay btw & Jbroas can prob help you do an ecu handshake over the phone)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Could you tell us your tune id?

I'm not sure which of these numbers indicates the tune ID, but here's what mine shows:
System info 40480
Software: 2.1.6.2 A013
Memory: 20BA18
Current T.V: T006 A
Part # 30CL4300

Hope that helps.

Jim

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thx Jim,
I have the a012 wonder if the A013 you have is newer. What year is your Ffv tundra? I will try to contact bully dog about updated tune. I plugged in tuner for update and nothing new that is through the update agent.

Reactions: j_fuggin_t

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Thx Jim,
I have the a012 wonder if the A013 you have is newer. What year is your Ffv tundra? I will try to contact bully dog about updated tune. I plugged in tuner for update and nothing new that is through the update agent.

You'd have to uninstall then load new tunes to see if you grab the new id #

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Gonna have to see what the difference is.

101 - 120 of 134 Posts