Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Yes.. money burning a hole in my pocket.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Yep and multiple ECU revisions per year without any warning when Toyota will release them. We are trying to release to the masses without major field issues.

We just got in the hardware and will start assembling the fuel pressure switch harness. Working with BD now to finalize some details. Still pushing internally.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :zzz:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Yep and multiple ECU revisions per year without any warning when Toyota will release them. We are trying to release to the masses without major field issues.

We just got in the hardware and will start assembling the fuel pressure switch harness. Working with BD now to finalize some details. Still pushing internally.
Bueller . . . Bueller . . . Bueller

·
Registered
3,418 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
I got the bd ffv tuner and it works well. Soo much smoother and stronger.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Hey guys, Sparks has (should still) BullyDogs pn 40480 (Magnuson spec) AND a switch kit for the 2010-2015 Flex fuels. It's the same hardware that comes in our flex fuel kit. It's hardware you wouldn't have if running a TRD kit. You will also need your TRD SC airbox and stock injectors. If you need an airbox we have the Magnuson version which has the same large MAF section as the TRD SC version.

Regarding the BD for TRD SC Non-flex guys: We've been trying with BD to get this for you. We aren't giving up yet.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'll be taking my 15 FF Pro back to Sparks for them to switch the unichip for BD.
Probably be in January when I go and I do have the injectors and airbox from the TRD fit kit.
I'll start a new post when I make the trip and have before and after pics and videos. Can't wait!

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
I've had the b/d tune & relay for a month or so, its definitely a lot more crisp & my wideband tells me its doing its job perfectly. There is still a trans stutter that needs to be worked out desperately between 2-3 and sometimes at part throttle in 4th & 5th. I'm told that magnuson knows about it. There is definitley a little more pep to the step with this tune over the piggybacked unichip

·
Registered
300 Posts
I've had the b/d tune & relay for a month or so, its definitely a lot more crisp & my wideband tells me its doing its job perfectly. There is still a trans stutter that needs to be worked out desperately between 2-3 and sometimes at part throttle in 4th & 5th. I'm told that magnuson knows about it. There is definitley a little more pep to the step with this tune over the piggybacked unichip
Does it fix the cel due to the false alcohol reading?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'll be taking my 15 FF Pro back to Sparks for them to switch the unichip for BD.
Probably be in January when I go and I do have the injectors and airbox from the TRD fit kit.
I'll start a new post when I make the trip and have before and after pics and videos. Can't wait!

Need to make sure you call sparks and secure a kit. Limited kits I believe.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Does it fix the cel due to the false alcohol reading?
So far I'm at 10% which is accurate in my neck of the woods. I monitor it frequently.

Also I've never had a CEL from the alcohol % I don't believe that algorithm will ever be removed from these trucks. Many will agree it's the biggest pain in the ass on these trucks.

81 - 100 of 134 Posts