Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

781 - 790 of 790 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I rarely comment although this is as good a topic as any. I have a 2010 5.7 with 144,000 + miles. Just drove from San Diego to upstate New York, then to Boston, and returned to San Diego. I carried a 700 lb BMW motorcycle in the truck bed, and towed my daughters 5000 lb + 3 series BMW on a trailer during the drive to the east coast. The truck ran great although outside of Albuquerque NM my engine began to heat up. Nursed it into a Toyota dealership in Albuquerque and after the lead mechanic, service adviser, and myself stared at the engine for 30 minutes, we found that the radiator cap had lost pressure. New radiator cap for $18 and back on the road to San Diego. Been back in San Diego for a week and the truck runs like it did when I purchased it. Great trucks. BTW I did install air bags in the rear for the added weight. Highly recommended addition.

·
Registered
23 Posts
2017 DC TRD just turned 70K miles. Replaced one front wheel bearing at 66k and have done rotors and pads once. Oh, and replaced the battery with an agm after two failed Toyota batteries. They make great trucks but they use junk batteries.

IMG_20210414_182204.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Before I made a rookie mistake on an upgraded /repair, I had 378,732. Then I decided I’d replace the engine instead of selling it to a sucker. I bought a running working engine with 110,238 disconnected the old one plucked in out and out the new to me in and plugged it in been trucking forward ever since. Lost track of the miles tho
I have a white 2007 Tundra Limited 2ZU-FE 4.7LT Leather, power everything, 2WD with 20” TRD wheels Blk ( that I refinished myself missing an wheel cap 😩 ), New JBA headers and flow master exhaust, ( cause the manifold crack at about 350K )

·
Registered
7 Posts
2012 4.6L with 159670 miles. Never been in the shop. I did have to bypass the smog pump. Two sets of pads and three sets of tires. It’s never used oil and runs like it did day 1

·
Registered
9 Posts
2018 sr5
93k Miles
Tire,brakes and oil.
Just got back from 700 mile (each way) road trip, my buddy mentioned how well the truck rode when he got behind the wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

781 - 790 of 790 Posts