Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 747 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 40 thousand on my Tundra now and I am wondering as the miles accumulate are your trucks still dependable? What is the hightest mileage 2007 to present Tundra out there and has it been a good truck after 100,000 miles?

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
One of my technicians has an 07 with, 270,000 on it. Water pump is all he has done to it.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
09 Crewmax 4x4 SR5.

Tires, pads, front rotors just done at approximately the 3 year mark. The stock Bridgestones are crappy. They probably had another 5-10 thousand miles on them when I got them replaced at about 26000 miles but it was Christmas and I was able to wrangle Toyo OC all terrains out of the wife.

I am hard on brakes so I will take responsibility for that one too. A few people have problems with unevenly worn rotors at really low mileage but there are also people on here who didn't touch the brakes until over 100K.

3 years, 28,200 miles, no other issues whatsoever. Just routine maintenance.

·
Registered
799 Posts
137,000 miles on my 08 DC 5.7 Texas Edition. Only problem I have had are the studs continuing to break. I have had 6 of them replaced by dealer at no cost. They seem to think it is because I drive on dirt roads often but I don't see how that would matter.

·
Registered
51 Posts
42000 km, 95 percent of the km are towing my 5th wheel.My truck stays parked all year until camping season. I got the water pump replaced in April (warranty). I assume that the pump was leaking because It sits all winter the seals get hard and crack. My truck is a 08DC, sr5 with the TRD Offroad package.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Still going strong....Only thing is that my backup cam does'nt come on at times when I put it in reverse. Its just a black screen. Other than that just a dependable truck.

·
Registered
452 Posts
almost 50k she's not even broke in yet

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
50,182. Best plus sized vehicle I've ever seen. Hands down.

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
08 SR5, 5.7L with 59+K on odo. Last week installed a set of Cooper ATR tires. The flow splitter for the windshield washer failed and would only squirt the driver's side. Replacement part was $17. Other than that just routine maint. I rotate the tires when I change the oil. One great truck. #1 son got rid of his 08 150 three months ago due to cost of replacing front wheel bearing assemblies, brake rotors, pads. I expect to see 100K life on front pads and maybe more on rear.

·
Registered
566 Posts
My 11 is 7 months old now and I have put on 6600 miles so far. Towed 5k or more with it 6 times whether it was a car, fertilizer for the fiance's garden etc. Snow driving in the winter it still is going strong. You punch it and it gives you that awesome feeling of being pushed back in your seat and I do not even have the supercharger yet. Very Very good truck.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
74300 miles on mine and it's been a good truck. Everything was fixed under warranty.

Squeaking dash, door rubbing on dash (pre any dash related fixes), radio, front diff, water pump, serpentine belt.

Things I've paid for: 2 sets of pads and rotors, tires, lots of gas.

-rockstate

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
07 Limited DC with 99k miles. Warranty replaced water pump and AIP failure at 60k miles.

I paid for:
Tires
Brakes
Rotors
Serpentine belt
and gas

Other than that it's been amazing. Haven't even had a blown tail light or anything.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How many miles

Guys,

Thanks for the replys, I am going to use my truck for work and I live in Northeastern Nevada and I will be traveling to mine sites and I was just curious on what type of life you all are seeing in your trucks. Thanks again.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
08 DC 4x4 little over 53k and not a single problem. Hoping the next 50k+ goes the same. Just put new tires on it last fall at 47k from the stock Michelin street tires that were on it when I bought it. I've been on quite a few trips with it, camping, hunting, etc. and haven't had any issues been in some pretty nasty conditions and haven't come close to getting stuck. 4 days after I bought the truck I slid down the side of a hill sideways in about 2-1/2 feet of snow, threw the truck in 4 low and drove out like it was nothing. The stock michelin tires weren't that great but I was amazed they got me out of that mess. Had to call a friend with a truck that had offroad tires to come up and get into where my ATV was at though.

·
Registered
424 Posts
99000 07' Crewmax limited. No issues mechanically. Has been dependable since I bought it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 747 Posts