Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Look up tundra 1 million miles. guy got 1 million miles on the tundra with the 4.7. he was a hot shot driver and toyota "bought" it back and gave him a new tundra for the milestone. its on youtube

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm at 380,000+ miles on my 03 access cab. Iv had to do the entire suspension. But it was a work truck from Odessa Texas it's whole life. It was bought new from lithia of toyota in Odessa texas. I spent it's whole life their tell I bought it in 2021.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. First time Toyota owner, new to the forum. I've been a mechanic for 40 years. I did a timing belt/ water pump replacement on a 4.7 and was so impressed with how robust and easy to work on the engine was, I went looking for a 4 door Tundra with the 4.7. The one I bought was a very clean '05 Limited with 305K. I've had it 2 years, put on 35K so it now has 340K. Nothing has been done with the engine other than plugs and timing belt. All parts on the truck are original (other than brakes) except for right lower ball joint. That aftermarket replacement ball joint broke in the first 5000 miles for lack of grease put in the 'permanent lubed' joint when it was manufactured. The engine starts and runs perfect. After 6000 miles the oil still looks like it was just put in. I believe the 4.7 is easily a 500,000 mile engine.
I was looking for parts on-line and came across the identical Tundra to mine for sale, except it was '06 and had half as many miles. I want to drive the truck for the next 20 years and I hated to watch the '05 deteriorate so I bought the '06.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light

The puller is '05 with 340K.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts