Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
My 2001 has 179000

My 2011 has about 12000 miles... This one is kept covered...

·
Registered
36 Posts
ive got 125k on mine. my dad bought it new in 06 and its been on full synthetic since the first oil change and did the timing belt at 100k. i bought from him last year with 121k. its never been in the shop and i have complete faith that i'll easily get 250k with no problems.

·
Registered
281 Posts
My '08 DC 4.7 has 134k miles on it and no issues whatsoever. Runs like a champ. Only need to change the oil, filters, fluids, battery.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My girlfriend has an 03 Tundra SR5 that has 240,000 miles on it. It's never had a timing belt or transmission, coolant, transfer case, diff fluid serviced. We plan to do those fairly soon.

Repair's
- rack & pinion unit failed @ 239,000 miles , cost $900 to fix
-heater/ac controls & blower fan failed - cost $300 to fix

Pretty amazing given how hard a life that truck's had.

·
Registered
497 Posts
^^ that's incredible but yeah change the belt and tensioners asap !!

Might snatch my neighbors 2002 sequoia up, he told me 7,500$ for it. Truck has 100k on the clock and he just put new brakes and belt/tensioners on at 90k. It's his wife's ride but she wants something new..orig owners and under 10k miles a year is a steal.

Looks like I may be going back to school and I don't need this expensive (yea it's great) 14 getting dinged in the parking lots so I'm going to pull a BadDad and downsize.

·
Registered
7 Posts
277K miles on an 02 4x4 limited used to tow a loaded horse trailer, but the "white rhino" can claim an additional distinction - she was hit twice by a tractor trailer when stopped on the interstate behind an infinity while waiting for a wrecker to pull out onto the road loaded with a wrecked vehicle. The law enforcement car was parked on the right side of the road so we all moved to the left side as we're required to do but the wreck was on the left side so we had to stop for the wrecker. The trucker was looking in the wrong direction and hit the truck without even hitting his brakes although at least he wasn't traveling very fast but the tundra shot forward and hit the infinity which then hit the wrecker in front of it. The tractor trailer hit the tundra a second time after it was knocked forward the first time. And yes I watched the truck come at me helpless to do anything as I was too close to the infinity to get out of the way and the right lane was bumper to bumper anyway. The infinity was in pieces although all people involved were not hurt. The Rhino was able to drive away from the wreck a bit shorter and no longer properly aligned but nonetheless still moving just fine. The truck was nearly new at the time. - two years old or so. We tried to get it totaled but even though it took $9000 to repair it the insurance company refused and I didn't sue. A few months later I lost the transmission but it was still under warranty so was replaced. Nine years later the steering went out - the part from the steering wheel down into the rest of the mechanism - after long term problems that "couldn't be duplicated". The wheels wouldn't turn the normal amount if the truck was parked on a hill kind of off center. I think the wreck crunched it because when it was repaired they said the teeth were bent strangely.

I named it the "White Rhino" because of the rhino commercials for the tundra with the attacking rhino. I LOVE this truck.

Always have run synthetic. Just redid the third timing belt. Watch out for the reverse threaded bolt and used heat, a hoss impact wrench and the cold from an upside down computer duster to break loose the bolt for the harmonic balancer. Had to do the oxygen sensors twice. Luckily there was a recall or something on the first ones so they were free.

This truck is so quiet, so civilized, so comfortable and can hold so much junk like 28 50 pound bags of horse feed and all manner of other stuff. It's worth its weight in GOLD!

Forgot to mention it will climb a wall in 4x4 low and I use 4x4 high all the time as I live in a sand pit. What a TRUCK!

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,237 Posts
My 08 is at 97,221 and still knocking out 14.7 mpg

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,237 Posts
312,xxx and counting.... used regularly for towing. 2000 4.7 with a rebuilt 2003 model tranny.

Did they redesign the 4.7 at all before they stuck it in the 2nd Generation in 07?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,237 Posts
:crickets:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
176k and counting here (05 Sequoia).

Truck idles, rides, and drives butter smooth. These drivetrains are just broken in at 100K IMO.

I used Rotella T6 5W 40 and do oil changes every 10K miles. Oil still comes out of the oil pan transparent.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an 03 4Runner 4.7

Great machine. I'm selling it soon, it's been a great rig. Small and super maneuverable in the woods....I'll miss it.

It has 130k and runs like a sewing machine with balls!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I keep reading that the 4.7 V8 engine and trans are solid--upwards of 300K+ original miles and I saw one article with one guy having 415K miles. Wow! I hope I can get that because I like my truck and I plan on keeping it indefinitely. Currently at 220K.

What has been the experience on here of others and what other high mileage stories are out there??
I have a 2006 Limited double cab. Now has 312,000 miles on the original 4.7 V8 and trans. Regular maintenance and timing belt changes at 100k intervals and it runs as smooth as our 2013 Lexus.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I keep reading that the 4.7 V8 engine and trans are solid--upwards of 300K+ original miles and I saw one article with one guy having 415K miles. Wow! I hope I can get that because I like my truck and I plan on keeping it indefinitely. Currently at 220K.

What has been the experience on here of others and what other high mileage stories are out there??
I will let you know w he n I get there. Rolling at 337,328

21 - 40 of 43 Posts