Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning. I assume you receive two key fobs with the Tundra? If this is the case, how long will the truck run if you keep the extra fob in the truck and lock with the second fob?

I ask, because currently I have 2019 Silverado Trail Boss LT and if I leave the extra key fob in the truck, it will run for 1 full hour. I need this capability because at times I leave my Belgian Malinois in the vehicle with air conditioning running. The last thing in the world I want is this terrorist of a dog to get hot and start destroying things.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Morning. I assume you receive two key fobs with the Tundra? If this is the case, how long will the truck run if you keep the extra fob in the truck and lock with the second fob?

I ask, because currently I have 2019 Silverado Trail Boss LT and if I leave the extra key fob in the truck, it will run for 1 full hour. I need this capability because at times I leave my Belgian Malinois in the vehicle with air conditioning running. The last thing in the world I want is this terrorist of a dog to get hot and start destroying things.
If you live in Arizona about 15 min befor the cops come and brake a window
braking the law

·
Registered
258 Posts
Wouldn't be so concerned about your interior, more about your dogs life, dogs overheat extremely quick. If you need to leave the vehicle for over an hour maybe shouldn‘t bring the dog in the first place.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wouldn't be so concerned about your interior, more about your dogs life, dogs overheat extremely quick. If you need to leave the vehicle for over an hour maybe shouldn‘t bring the dog in the first place.
If you paid attention to the post, I clearly stated that I run my vehicle with the a/c on. Obviously, if the Tundra does not support this functionality, then it is a strong pass for my needs. Having a dog in a truck for an hour at 65 degrees is nothing to be concerned about - he would rather be in the truck than locked in a crate. I have over 15k invested in the dog at this point, so don't appreciate the snarky comment. The dog lives a better lifestyle that most humans.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you live in Arizona about 15 min befor the cops come and brake a window
braking the law
Ha, so I guess you are saying the Tundra does not support this feature at all? That is a shame as my Trail Boss runs for 1 hour with the second key fob, but was looking to upgrade my 2019 for the 2022 Tundra. I guess that is not happening as my buddy goes everywhere with me and a running vehicle with a/c is a mandatory requirement.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My alarm has a remote starter with a 2-way remote. I start it for the dog with the remote right when I leave the truck. The system lets you set the length of the runtime (mine is 20min right now), and the 2-way remote shows the timer. When it stops, it beeps and I restart it if I'm not on my way out yet. The remote works from about .5mi away to restart the truck, and it won't turn off until the timer ends. There are some starters with compatibility with a phone app that lets you do all this from a phone, as well. I don't use this (and an explanation of why is in my truck profile.)
I think you can do whatever you want to accomplish here with an aftermarket alarm with integrated remote start.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts