Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be looking to purchase a tundra around October or November and I was wondering if anyone had an idea when they will stop producing them. Not a fan of the 2014s I don't think it would look good modded.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I actually asked my dealer today and they have one more allocation of 2013 tundras coming in but can no longer order them they are already building the 2014 and no more 2013s

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
You might be able to find a 2013 for sale in October, but you certainly wont be able to be choosy.
This.

It's going to be a craps shoot come October. My truck is a 2012 I bought in February of this year. My choices were black and white which worked out well for me because I wanted white.

The good for me is I have a CM TRD with no Flex. I noticed last time at the dealer all the TRD and up trims were flex...

·
Registered
143 Posts
This.

It's going to be a craps shoot come October. My truck is a 2012 I bought in February of this year. My choices were black and white which worked out well for me because I wanted white.

The good for me is I have a CM TRD with no Flex. I noticed last time at the dealer all the TRD and up trims were flex...
Out of curiosity, what are the main differences with a flex fuel vehicle?

Sent from my SPH-L720

·
Banned
513 Posts
Slightly different injectors, slightly different fuel sending unit. Can do a supercharger, but it's a tricky endeavor and takes the truck out of warranty.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Slightly different injectors, slightly different fuel sending unit. Can do a supercharger, but it's a tricky endeavor and takes the truck out of warranty.
Guess the real question is what are the benefits of using flex vs regular?

Sent from my SPH-L720

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
I'd like to keep the option open for a supercharger. I don't know that I'll ever get one but it's open.

I thought I ran across a few extra issues with the Flex engine but I could be mistaken. I'd never run the poison anyway.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Flex fuel tends to get terrible gas mileage as one of their issues...something happens with the ECUs and puts them into a "limp" mode. If you can avoid purchasing FFV do it. There's a 50+ pg write-up over in the Problem thread on it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Flex fuel tends to get terrible gas mileage as one of their issues...something happens with the ECUs and puts them into a "limp" mode. If you can avoid purchasing FFV do it. There's a 50+ pg write-up over in the Problem thread on it.
The next logical question is then why produce and buy a flex fuel vehicle?

Sent from my SPH-L720

·
Registered
925 Posts
I have a 2013 flex fuel tundra and I haven't had any problems yet, but other people have had there share of problems with the flex fuel. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my tundra dosnt have any issues. If I could do over I wouldnt have gotten the ffv tundra

·
Registered
172 Posts
The next logical question is then why produce and buy a flex fuel vehicle?

Sent from my SPH-L720
Government incentives for the manufacturer, the ability to say you can run E85 in your vehicle for the buyer.

I have a 2013 flex fuel tundra and I haven't had any problems yet, but other people have had there share of problems with the flex fuel. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my tundra dosnt have any issues. If I could do over I wouldnt have gotten the ffv tundra
Agreed.

Reactions: EVOL ARDNUT

·
Registered
126 Posts
I actually asked my dealer today and they have one more allocation of 2013 tundras coming in but can no longer order them they are already building the 2014 and no more 2013s

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
2014 production hasn't started yet officially. This is the last week of 2013 production however.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I don't know.

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Also does anyone know if they will have any rebates on the 2014s or do they usually ditch them for new models cuz the double cab trd is 45k as is with the 6k rebate

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts