Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The antenna base on my truck has come loose and the base is rocking back and forth. How do I tighten it? Do I have to get under the fender on the inside to tighten it??

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Yes, you do have to remove the fender skirt. There is an "L" bracket at the bottom of the antenna bracket. It is bolted to the engine compartment apron. I'm sure that 10mm bolt is loose.

Do yourself a favor and pick up a bunch of the plastic grommet(the same ones used to run the screws in that hold the liscence plate on) and a bunch of the same screws. Any auto parts store has these. You will break a bunch of the connectors that hold on the apron.

I always toss the originals becase the screw and grommet methode works a hell of a lot easier and it is easyier to remove the skirt in the future.

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Oh, shit! I didn't look to see that you had an '02. sorry this info is for a 2nd gen Tundra.

I used to have an '02 as well, but I let my repair software subscription expire.

I can't remember how I did mine back in the day. I know I had it apart, I just can't tell you how it goes.

I'm sorry

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts