Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to remove the center console armrest lid and have removed the screws holding the trim pieces around the edges. It appears that the lid has a lock tab (or something else) keeping it from being removed. How do I remove the lid portion ? I need to repair the vinyl where it has pulled away from the front portion.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Marky Mark should know this one, he has a custom embroider job done on his. I want to know as well, i have some of the material coming out on one side.

·
Premium Member
10,466 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
This "how to" really needs to be done on this forum in a more detailed manor. As these truck get older, a lot of center console lids are going to be redone.

That said...has anyone done this recently? I have been working on this trying to get the lid off, and I must be daft, cause I do not see the tabs that need to be pushed out of the way.... little help here

·
Registered
78 Posts
This "how to" really needs to be done on this forum in a more detailed manor. As these truck get older, a lot of center console lids are going to be redone.

That said...has anyone done this recently? I have been working on this trying to get the lid off, and I must be daft, cause I do not see the tabs that need to be pushed out of the way.... little help here

OK! Here it is...after searching for 45 minutes on google....I found the must have instructions for doing this task... here is the PDF Reupholstering the Toyota Tundra Center Console on www.gobookee.org - free eBook download

IF I had to add anything else that was not clear in the pdf...it would be......

yes, the rear panel that end caps the center console in the back seat area that either has A/C vents, or a cup holder does need to come off.

And their is a snap on cover over the beck end of the console lid that needs to pop off to allow access to the tabs.

Make sure you don't let the lid latch engage....or you will not be able to slide the lid forward without hitting the gear shifter, I did this, and had to slide the darn thing back on ...duct tape the console latch to keep it from engaging, then, redo the pressing the tabs (2) up, and out of the way for a second time.

I had to have 2 people, I worked on the tabs, wile my son slid the lid forward over the tabs.

It took me 3 hours to do this nonsense, including google time....now I could do it in 20 minutes....of course....I will probably never need the skill ever again in my life!

:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Any members on here do interior work?

I'm looking to replace the leather cover on the center console with the punisher logo in the leather. I'd like to find someone to send the whole top piece out and return with the mod.

Thanks!

·
Chief of Grammar Police
2,496 Posts
OK! Here it is...after searching for 45 minutes on google....I found the must have instructions for doing this task... here is the PDF Reupholstering the Toyota Tundra Center Console on www.gobookee.org - free eBook download

IF I had to add anything else that was not clear in the pdf...it would be......

yes, the rear panel that end caps the center console in the back seat area that either has A/C vents, or a cup holder does need to come off.

And their is a snap on cover over the beck end of the console lid that needs to pop off to allow access to the tabs.

Make sure you don't let the lid latch engage....or you will not be able to slide the lid forward without hitting the gear shifter, I did this, and had to slide the darn thing back on ...duct tape the console latch to keep it from engaging, then, redo the pressing the tabs (2) up, and out of the way for a second time.

I had to have 2 people, I worked on the tabs, wile my son slid the lid forward over the tabs.

It took me 3 hours to do this nonsense, including google time....now I could do it in 20 minutes....of course....I will probably never need the skill ever again in my life!

:)
did anyone save these instructions? The link appears to be broken :crying:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts