Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which ones would you go back to is a better question for a reasonable price?
I have 5100 and plan to install some LR UCA and get it aligned right in future.
Just doing homework and since its been over 6 years the 2nd gen been out, wondering which shops still do good work.
Don't say 4 wheel parts....

·
Registered
471 Posts
interested in this too, considering just paying a shop vs. DIY to save time

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
4 Wheel parts is over priced for labor and they push their in house products too much.
what side of Houston are you on? That will make a difference.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in Pearland, work in Sugar Land BUT to avoid frustration I don't mind driving a little more.
4 Wheel parts is over priced for labor and they push their in house products too much.
what side of Houston are you on? That will make a difference.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Efficient Truck Performance
Tel: 281-356-5545
26603 FM 2978
Magnolia, TX 77354
Email: [email protected]

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
To tell you the truth, I am going to a friend's shop up in Lufkin to have my suspension and bumpers installed once I get them.
I used to install with him when I was in college and he opened a shop up there. I have had bad experiences with shops in the past and can not really speak to any that are or are not reputable around town.
My experiences mostly in the past have been with speed shops.......then there was the 4 wheel part wholesalers experience......

Reactions: Wacked

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Anyone have experience with:
1. Extreme of road, in Katy
2. Cutten Customs
3. B&C in Pasadena
4. Anyone else
And do they know how to align a leveled/lifted truck?

If there is a shop to avoid, PM me IF YOU don't want to say it in the open.
The ones who installed my 5100 4 years ago, they took it to an alignment shop to align but it was off (outside tire wear).

·
Registered
156 Posts
Efficient Truck Performance

what is YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH THEM?
They are installing my lift as we speak. Have seen the trucks that has been lifted by them. Quality work, in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
They are proud, and their prices show it. They have had several magazine trucks

2. Cutten Customs
I know they do great work with airbags, and lowering trucks, i am not familiar with them on anything lifted
3. B&C in Pasadena
They built 2 trucks with a friend of mine They do great custom work and kit installs as well.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alloutoffroad did my 5100. Maybe only specific guys there should touch the trucks cause one of the lower bolts holding on my front shock was 2 threads from coming off one week after install. Took it back and they tightened it.

2. Cutten Customs
I know they do great work with airbags, and lowering trucks, i am not familiar with them on anything lifted
3. B&C in Pasadena
They built 2 trucks with a friend of mine They do great custom work and kit installs as well.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds like you are familiar with installers in area.

2. Cutten Customs
3. B&C in Pasadena

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I guess better question is who in Houston has installed your LR UCA, and did they do it right with all the adjustments possible with those?

I have/am considering CST SPINDLE/COACHES shackles in back but without good shop I don't want to open can of worms. I am 2wd crewmax with 5100 for 3.5 years so far.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Extreme put 5100s on my Tundra and 2.5" suspension lift on my Wrangler. Perfect alignment and no issues.

One of my buddies claims they messed up his Tahoe when they lifted it - don't know the details, but apparently they forgot to install something or installed something wrong and they couldn't fix it. He couldn't get it fixed elsewhere so he traded it in.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I guess better question is who in Houston has installed your LR UCA, and did they do it right with all the adjustments possible with those?

I have/am considering CST SPINDLE/COACHES shackles in back but without good shop I don't want to open can of worms. I am 2wd crewmax with 5100 for 3.5 years so far.
I'm 2wd also

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 42 Posts