Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok electrical gurus. Need some assistance. I did the led swap to my ac controls and now the blower works fine, ac buttons come on, but only really hot air comes from my ac. And only from the front vents. I can turn the knobs fine but the air comes out the front no matter where I put it. Any ideas what the heck is going on?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
94 Posts
i had a similar issue - my problem was the knob was put back in the exact same location. So, I would always blow hot air because the dial was not adjusting correctly. I took the knob back off and readjusted it and works fine now. I could not find a way to tell exactly where the knob was suppose to line up when reinstalled so I keep playing with it till I got it right

· Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was worried when I took my back cover off that would happen so I made sure to turn all knobs to the left beforehand and put everything back on as it was. Did you have any trouble selecting where your air came out at or simply a temperature problem? And just to be sure we are thinking alike, but you disassembled the entire control panel, not just pulled the knobs off the front right?

· Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help man. Ill give this a try ASAP. Hopefully that's all it is. I've checked all the ac fuses and they are fine. I also installed a JVC head unit while I had the dash out. Any chance the wiring harness could be holding open a valve or damper back there? I didn't see anything like that while I was scoping it out.

· Registered
94 Posts
There is no way for a wire to be holding something open. I have had my gauge cluster and all dash trim panels out several times and I see no way to do anything to mess-up the air flow or anything like that. I bet it is the knob issue - just not back in the exact same position as factory. I was freaking out when mine was messed up. I would think other people would have had this problem also but no one is chiming in

· Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol. Yea I figured atleast 5-10 people would have experienced something to this same effect. I'm hoping its just the knobs. Seems logical. If I would have soldered something wrong I think the lights would have simply just not worked. Don't see how all the buttons and lights work yet my cold air is melting my face off. Spring is just around the corner and down here in Alabama ac is a lifesaver. Again thanks for all your help/advice, giving this a try tomorrow hopefully.

· Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Turns out it I had pulled a fuse out and not put in back in. It was the 7.5 ac fuse in the kick panel. Guess while I had the mass confusion of an overhead monitor, in dash DVD/Bluetooth head unit, dash led swap and ac control led swap going I pulled this fuse out and never put it back. Regardless I did have to adjust my ac knob to get it back right. All is well and thanks for your help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.