Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where does a guy get these type of lights? I was driving down the road and seen them on a TRD PRO and did some searching. I found a "Kit Car" functionality (the old Night Rider show) which is cool to watch but not real functional. The bar was made very nice and had. $980 price tag. It looks like the pic here. I am not a fan of a yellow light

Attachments

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The one I seen on the local Tundra looked like it was made for the Tundra. The picture I show is a purchased one for the bar (I contacted the web site since they show it but I could not find it). I could do it myself if I had the time bit I work way too much

·
Registered
14,228 Posts
NSV is the mfg of that super expensive light bar.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you do the math the SDHQ is a higher cost in the end plus the labor involved. The NSV bar has everything included and made to fit the opening. I need to look into it further

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NVS Tundra Lighter $998 shipped includes everything for install.

SDHQ with their free mounting brackets with the purchase of the Baja Designs 40" S8 LED lightbar, wire harness and switch comes to $1324.80 plus tax and shipping.

I need to look further into the shipping for the SDHQ, I did not want to go all the way through the check out process just to get the shipping and the additional taxes. I also want to look into the warranty to compare them both.

I like utilizing that location for lights but still just comparing...

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
The light output on the @SDHQ_off-road Baja Designs will outshine the NSV nightrider.

What do you want the lights for?
Actually using them, just the like way they look?
How will you use the lights?

Baja Designs offers interchangeable lenses, so you can do a clear/yellow combo....again, what do you want from the lights?

IMO, I'd do a yellow,clear combo for the best of both worlds. Yellow cut through dust very well.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Replacement-Lenses.asp

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/S8-40-Inch-LED-Light-Bar.asp

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just something about doing a mod on a vehicle where there is no point of return that bothers me. If I do the cutting of the hood then I have no point of return. During resale when someone does not see value of a mod then I put it back to stock and keep my mod. I have done that for many years now and there is no way of doing that with the SDHQ path.

So they will outshine the other lights, by how much? Significant or minor? This is why I am still on the fence. Again the path of cutting my hood bothers me, not that I cannot do it but I cannot undo what I did without significant cost

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
When you come to sell,
Who is going to pull off the hood bulge to see if the metal brackets are still there?

Technicially speaking modifications are all losing propositions. You will rarely see ROI.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
And just based off posted numbers,

NSV 9000 lumens, no idea on warranty

BD 16000 lumens with the ability to change lenses for both color and pattern - 30 day satisfaction guarantee and lifetime warranty

·
Registered
14,228 Posts
The nsv warranty was not great. I don't remember how long, but i remember thinking it was not enough for the price of it.

Reactions: UNTMatt

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wish there was a Black Friday deal on the SDHQ "kit" that has everything you need to install it, I would pick up the kit. Made up my mind

·
Registered
244 Posts
Baja Designs are among the best off-road lights on the market. While other lighting companies use aluminum circuit boards, Baja Designs uses a copper circuit board to give greater heat dissipation so they can drive the LEDs harder without any issues. The end result is a higher output and longer lasting light. This is truly one of those areas where you get what you pay for. I actually like them better than Rigid.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.