Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a homelink mirror and camera kit for my truck. My truck is an 07 DC SR5, and does seem to be prewired for the backup camera. I had figured this would be a simple plug and play...not so much. Got the backup camera installed and went to plug it in and the plug under the truck and the harness that goes into the tailgate are different, both have 4 wires, not feeling as this one is going to be a huge issue. So I put that aside and figured I'd move on to the mirror. Got my overhead console down and found that I have the 10 pin connectors (2 of them if I'm not mistaken) and the homelink mirror I have has the 14 pin connector. My assumption is that all of my signals are in between those 2 10 pin connectors, but I'd like to adapt from those 2 into the one 14 pin so the backup monitor in the mirror and the homelink stuff will all work. So, by reverse engineering using the 14 pin connector and a wiring diagram from a newer truck, then cross referencing that with the diagram that matches my truck, I would then have the unit become functional....Am I thinking correctly in all this?

Has anyone tried to install a newer homelink mirror into a 07-09 Tundra? My assumption is that the kit I have would be plug and play for '10+....

Another question is would anyone with a '10+ truck be willing to part with the plug that is hidden in the headliner for the homelink mirror. If I can source that plug then I can get this system to work I think....
Eric

·
Registered
208 Posts
I purchased a homelink mirror and camera kit for my truck. My truck is an 07 DC SR5, and does seem to be prewired for the backup camera. I had figured this would be a simple plug and play...not so much. Got the backup camera installed and went to plug it in and the plug under the truck and the harness that goes into the tailgate are different, both have 4 wires, not feeling as this one is going to be a huge issue. So I put that aside and figured I'd move on to the mirror. Got my overhead console down and found that I have the 10 pin connectors (2 of them if I'm not mistaken) and the homelink mirror I have has the 14 pin connector. My assumption is that all of my signals are in between those 2 10 pin connectors, but I'd like to adapt from those 2 into the one 14 pin so the backup monitor in the mirror and the homelink stuff will all work. So, by reverse engineering using the 14 pin connector and a wiring diagram from a newer truck, then cross referencing that with the diagram that matches my truck, I would then have the unit become functional....Am I thinking correctly in all this?

Has anyone tried to install a newer homelink mirror into a 07-09 Tundra? My assumption is that the kit I have would be plug and play for '10+....

Another question is would anyone with a '10+ truck be willing to part with the plug that is hidden in the headliner for the homelink mirror. If I can source that plug then I can get this system to work I think....
Eric
I think there is an adapter harness for the newer mirrors to fit an older truck. Hopefully someone else can confirm and give you a link.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts