Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not just any small bird, but one of these.....

Driving to work this morning doing about 50 or so on a two-lane road. Top a hill and there he is standing on the right side of the road. I swerve left a little and touch the brakes, just as he takes off in flight RIGHT INTO THE PATH OF MY TRUCK. (F*$%*%@$^&*!!!)

I pull over and check the front. The Toyota emblem is gone. The plastic grille assembly in the middle is trashed, and the chrome "rim" between the grille and the hood is cracked a little. I did some searching and found out that that is one piece, which is probably good. Oh and I also have turkey guts and feathers all over the place. The wife gave me the "You may just have to wait to fix it" speech (Even though I got her car fixed recently when she scraped the front bumper cover up), but I'm not going to wait very long on a part that's so noticeable.

I have been looking around and if I can find it, I really want the painted grille assembly instead of the chrome. My truck is slate metallic, color code 1F9.

RADIATOR GRILLE. Fits: TOYOTA | Village Toyota Parts

If you go to that page and scroll down to the part number that has the 1F9 listed, there are two of them and one is cheaper. What is the difference?

· Premium Member
433 Posts
Haha hit one just like that with my benelli about two weeks ago ;) But I am sorry it damage your truck

Reactions: tightywhitey

· Registered
2,857 Posts
Well I for one will say "You're one talented hunter!"

I've been trying to kill one of them for 2 years now with no luck!

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where's the guts
You can't see them that well in the picture. Most of them are behind the grille on the radiator anyway. I need to go wash it off with a power washer.

There's a couple grilles for sale in the classified section. But, good call on holding out for a color matched one.
I ordered one from the local Toyota dealership for $209 shipped. They were at $241 but I told them TRD Sparks could get it for $213 and they matched it.

· Registered
444 Posts
Good score on the color match! Hope you made the best out of your gobbler, too.

Reactions: tightywhitey

· "The Midnight Modder"
11,251 Posts
You can't see them that well in the picture. Most of them are behind the grille on the radiator anyway. I need to go wash it off with a power washer.

I ordered one from the local Toyota dealership for $209 shipped. They were at $241 but I told them TRD Sparks could get it for $213 and they matched it.
$209 does not equal $213 should check if they will match new vehicle prices the same way. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

· Registered
1,569 Posts
So what happened to the turkey...is it in your freezer?

· Registered
374 Posts

· "Resident Liberal"
13,624 Posts
You need to get your woman in line.

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow, that was bad. What is also bad is that I just went and looked over my hood closely after reading about your bird encounter. Mine is indeed buckled a little bit too. I discovered the other night that the very front of the hood just over the headlight was bent in like in your pictures. Here are more pics. You can't tell in the second one, but where the hood meets the fender just in front of the windshield, the hood is about 1/8" pushed up toward the windshield. On the passenger side it is even with the fender.

Attachments

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good news. I took my truck to the body shop today and all they had to do was roll out the front edge of the hood right on top of the headlight, and then adjust the hood hinges/struts to get it lined back up properly. It was a $46 fix, which I was very happy about. It looks like new now. They also put my color matched grille on for me, and it looks so good. 100 times better than the chrome. I'll try to get some pictures up after I clean her up this weekend.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.