Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have changed my pads and rotors to baer expecting to be able to stop better and to also stop the infamous front wobble. It did not work. When decelerating at high speed the breaks get hot and wobble pretty bad. What are the biggest and best breaks i can put on. P.S. I have a lead foot.

·
Registered
501 Posts
How did you prepare the surfaces behind the rotor when you swapped them out? Also, if you have aluminum wheels, you should check to see if there is a lot of corrosion on the wheel where it meets the rotor. Excessive buildup can occur in these spots and cause what you are describing. Also, make sure you torque your lugs to spec.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I replaced my pads and rotors at 80k with powerstops. You MUST PROPERLY BREAK THEM IN SO THE PAD BEDS set correctly and the rotors won't warp. I did that and it was night and day between the stocks and the powerstops. That was on my 2007. I'm at 90k on my 14 and about to replace them and I plan on going the same route.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Also, make sure you use a torque wrench and tighten to 97ft/lbs (aluminum rims) and NO MORE. Too much and it causes stress on the rotor - which will cause deflection when it gets hot. That causes slight rubbing of the pad, either cutting the rotor down, or depositing pad on the rotor - and ultimately the shudder most people associate with warped rotors. Happens within 5k miles. Ironically, most wheel places still use impact wrenches and apply 300ft/lbs when installing the rims. Ever since I switched to a torque wrench I've not had any more "warping".

·
Registered
12 Posts
I twice put on eBay rotors and had wobble big time. Just put OEM rotors on all four corners and back to smooth braking,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts