Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a Tundra with 330000km on it for dirt cheap and am bringing her back from the dead!
I bought it with a ton of engine codes and am in the process of fixing them.
It has all the tell tale signs of a contaminated evap canister so I'm replacing that this weekend, I'll do a write up as there doesn't seem to be one.
Also I will be doing an AIP bypass as I have the p2443 code showing.
And finally I'm replacing my airbag clock spring as the srs light is on and it's showing the clock spring code.
After all that if taken care of I'm installing new a leveling kit and 295/70/18 tires on a set of rims I picked up.
I'm trying to do all of this with the tightest budget possible just as a personal challenge!
I'm glad I have the tundra talk forums to use a a resource, makes it a lot easier!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Welcome! What year is it? You must be a technician?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, definately not a technician! I have always done my own maintenance and I guess I've learned a bit along the way. Service manual helps too!
The truck is a 2007 crewmax limited.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Looking forward to your build thread and seeing it on the road! :p

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
I recently picked up a Tundra with 330000km on it for dirt cheap and am bringing her back from the dead!
I bought it with a ton of engine codes and am in the process of fixing them.
It has all the tell tale signs of a contaminated evap canister so I'm replacing that this weekend, I'll do a write up as there doesn't seem to be one.
Also I will be doing an AIP bypass as I have the p2443 code showing.
And finally I'm replacing my airbag clock spring as the srs light is on and it's showing the clock spring code.
After all that if taken care of I'm installing new a leveling kit and 295/70/18 tires on a set of rims I picked up.
I'm trying to do all of this with the tightest budget possible just as a personal challenge!
I'm glad I have the tundra talk forums to use a a resource, makes it a lot easier!
Heads up on: "Also I will be doing an AIP bypass as I have the p2443 code showing". Can't be done since you have the code. You have to fix the code first and try it. I had no luck on mine what so ever. I got that code at 156k miles. Had to replace both AIP pumps. Did so and it wasn't that hard to do. Then codes for the "Air Switch Valve" came on. Had to replace that at the dealer. They had to remove the intake to get to it. Fixed that and tried the bypass. Truck wouldn't even turn over. Remove bypass truck started like it was nothing. Then I get a code for AIP stuck close and as usual in limp mode. I'm at 173,119 miles right now and I'm totally fed up with AIP anything. I personally believe it's the ecu that needs to be flashed showing new pumps installed. Daily it goes into limp mode. I have an 07 CM Limited 5.7l Nautical Blue Tundra. Several other items went out around the same timeframe. Once you hit 150k miles things seem to fall apart. Like you tight schedule to get things fixed. Just have to take it in to replace all 3 universals and balance the drive shaft to get rid of my vibrations at 5-15mph. Then the A/C and Heater buttons don't work correctly which leaves me no A/C and only pass side heat. When you can get some pics up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Mickey,
I'm planning on doing the delete ASAP as there isn't a code showing right now. I cleared the p2443 code 10 days ago and it hasn't come back since. It's probably just a matter of time though. I think you're the first case I've heard of where the bypass hasnt worked. Sounds like something went sideways connecting to the starter circuit.
Should get the bypass in the mail next week so I'll let you know how it goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts