Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks everyone for your help! Took me about 20 minutes to install them. Went with the 5000k. They look great. Now I have to wait for it to get dark so I can test them out.

·
Registered
577 Posts
:nopics::banghead:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The camera makes them look blue, but they do have a blue hue to them. They look like my 6000k Vleds in my interior lights.
If you wany no blue at all, I would go less than 5000k.

Reactions: Wacked

·
Registered
442 Posts
What kit did you buy? Link perhaps, too? Those look really good. Nice and bright with just a hint of blue.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Looks good! Man..I cannot decide between 4300k and 5000k. I want no blue whatsoever.
If you want no blue but a whiter light go with 5000K with 35w ballasts. 4300K will give you a tinge of yellow, but still ultra white in comparison to halogen bulbs.

·
Registered
289 Posts
If you want no blue but a whiter light go with 5000K with 35w ballasts. 4300K will give you a tinge of yellow, but still ultra white in comparison to halogen bulbs.
What 4300k kit have you bought in the past? All the 4300k kits I've installed lit up blue, but end up pure white. The 5000k bulbs I just purchased for my CM shine blue, which is not much brighter than my stock halogens (as far as road illumination).

Not criticizing, just curious... Maybe I need to look at a certain kit.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
DDMs are like that as well as higher quality bulbs such as Morimotos and Philips. If you bought 4300K and they were blue (even the slightest bit), they made a mistake or it was false advertising. If you run a 55w ballast it washes the color out due to them being even brighter. For example 6000K will look like 5000K if running the higher wattage.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've had xentec 6000k n they were pure white. I found that I like the 8000k because the light blue reflects on signs & road dots real nice

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Had two sets of those on my old Armada. Both sets lasted about under 2 months. Didn't have the relay harness back then. Xentec ballasts do NOT like flickering at all (lesson learned).

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Had two sets of those on my old Armada. Both sets lasted about under 2 months. Didn't have the relay harness back then. Xentec ballasts do NOT like flickering at all (lesson learned).

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Lol, I forgot to add that on my post. Xentec sucks imo!!!! I think my kit lasted 3no, I just wanted to point out how it depends on which brand u get to know what # u need to get the color u need

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts