Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
The 5.7L V8 engine is the same engine that has been in the Tundras since 2007. I think it's the same 6-speed transmission as well. So nothing you have to worry about there from one model year to the next. The changes over the years have mostly been styling (grills, headlights, etc). I'm not sure about suspension or axle changes over the years, but I'm sure the more knowledgeable folks around here will give you some info on that.

There are plenty of truck reviews out there that call the Tundra dated and old because it hasn't changed much in 10 years. But I think that's one of the best things about the Tundra! The engine and transmission are tried and true, and we know what to expect from them. I almost bought a RAM ecodiesel, and so glad I didn't because those are starting to have tons of problems after 3 years. I almost bought a F150 ecoboost, and so glad I didn't because of all the problems those have (I think they are now on their 3rd generation in 5 years?).

Welcome aboard, keep reading and researching. The more and more I researched the Tundra the happier I am with my choice and glad I'm ending up with an 'outdated' truck that is reliable.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.