Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put this device in my 2010 Tundra and it worked great for 2 years. Now when you hit the gas hard, the engine light comes on, anti skid light and the 4 low light comes on. So anyone else out there have this problem?

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
The AIP bypass only functions on a cold start for less than a minute, so I don't think Paul's kit has anything to do with your problem. The MAF sensor or fuel pressure would be more likely. You should take it to your local auto supply and have the DTC codes read to point you toward the problem.

·
Registered
274 Posts
The bypass kit can only be the problem if the plates have failed and are allowing the system to sense that one of your bypass valves are stuck open. In a normal OEM Air Pump system, on a cold engine start when the temperature outside is above about 40 deg F (approximately, I don't remember exactly, but a little above freezing), the exhaust air injection valves open and an air pump runs for about 30 seconds to pump air into the exhaust to dilute the exhaust so it can pass a ppm test to meet an EPA standard. Once the engine has run for a few seconds to a minute, the pump turns off and the air valves close. The fault happens if one of the air valve does not open, the pump does not run, or one of the air valves do not close. The pump on and off and the air valves opening all happen at startup. The only fault that can happen after the first minute of operation is if the system detects one of the valves are stuck open. You should pull the blank off plates to make sure they are still good, or if they are leaking a little, or not quit installed right. If they are good, then the bypass system is probably not your issue.

You do need to get the codes to be sure what is causing the limp mode and go from there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bypass kit can only be the problem if the plates have failed and are allowing the system to sense that one of your bypass valves are stuck open. In a normal OEM Air Pump system, on a cold engine start when the temperature outside is above about 40 deg F (approximately, I don't remember exactly, but a little above freezing), the exhaust air injection valves open and an air pump runs for about 30 seconds to pump air into the exhaust to dilute the exhaust so it can pass a ppm test to meet an EPA standard. Once the engine has run for a few seconds to a minute, the pump turns off and the air valves close. The fault happens if one of the air valve does not open, the pump does not run, or one of the air valves do not close. The pump on and off and the air valves opening all happen at startup. The only fault that can happen after the first minute of operation is if the system detects one of the valves are stuck open. You should pull the blank off plates to make sure they are still good, or if they are leaking a little, or not quit installed right. If they are good, then the bypass system is probably not your issue.

You do need to get the codes to be sure what is causing the limp mode and go from there.
Thank you very much, I did not have access to a coder at the time some cleared it by unhooking battery. I have a coder of my own now so next time I will use it. I am going to check the plates that is what I was thinking

1 - 6 of 6 Posts