Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sky Silver Tundra Dbl Cab SR5 4WD
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of months ago I had 6112's (set @2.5) put on the front and 5160's on the back. I took the hardware to a shop who installed it and told me theoretically that the truck should sit level when they get done. I asked about needing shackles in the back and they told me that I would not. Now the truck looks higher in the front then the rear and I was wondering if it is true that I need shackles and if so what size?

Thanks
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Sky Vehicle

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Cloud

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Sky

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did pretty much the same thing on my 2008 and while it was mathematically level with a tape measure, the way the truck is designed it looked to sit low in the rear. I bought Toytec shackles and once I put them on it was exactly what I wanted.
Did you buy the adjustable 1-1.5" ones? Where they hard to put on?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, I wanted to buy the Coachbuilder shackles because I had already bought the exhaust from them but couldn't justify the price difference, back then the Toytecs were much cheaper. The shackles themselves are a piece of cake to install, the problem I had was the bushings. Being that it was a 2008 they basically became "one" with the truck so what should have been at most a 2 hour job took me much longer than that.
Awesome, thanks for the feedback.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts